36 Comments
 

A suit.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
 

$1,500 buy-in at the local casino, will bring you back +10% EOW let's go

"If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion
 

If he'd zelled me the money when I said it he'd be sitting on an extra cool $150 today no cap, I got the craps table on lock

"If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion
 

Thank you for the responses given. I posted because I'm looking for gift ideas for a relative (also in banking). I like the suit/clothes idea. Hopefully a few more suggestions are provided. 

 
queensny04

I wish I could buy a car with 1k lol

You definitely could, but it probably won’t be reliable.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
 
CarsnWatches

A bike.

Agreed.  It might be a touch over the $1500 tho.

I bought a '95 900 SS/CR for $3300 in 2006.  I didn't trust myself to wrench on it though, and Ducati dealers charge an arm and a leg.  Sold it for a small net profit in 2010.  With all respect to The Good Doctor, It WAS fast enough for me.

The only difference between Asset Management and Investment Research is assets. I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.
 
Whatever1984
CarsnWatches

A bike.

Agreed.  It might be a touch over the $1500 tho.

I bought a '95 900 SS/CR for $3300 in 2006.  I didn't trust myself to wrench on it though, and Ducati dealers charge an arm and a leg.  Sold it for a small net profit in 2010.  With all respect to The Good Doctor, It WAS fast enough for me.

I think he meant a bicycle.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
 

Oh I am aware.  It's just that it constantly needs to be restarted now.  So that is kind of annoying.  The rest of the crap on the phone isn't really all that useful. 

 
PEarbitrage

Maybe buy a new iphone, the old X is getting a bit long in the tooth these days.

I have a 12 - ATT is offering $1000 off a new 15 phone, but my phone works fine and I'm not a big fan of fixing something that isn't broken.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee
 

Quia est ut ratione ea voluptatem voluptatum itaque. Doloribus ut officia qui. Voluptatem blanditiis nobis temporibus et earum quas consequatur sit. Id doloribus pariatur incidunt excepturi eos nesciunt aut.

Rerum omnis repellat aperiam. Sed sed cum vitae minima exercitationem itaque.

Animi harum placeat quisquam hic asperiores vel. Excepturi fugiat eos expedita veritatis alias ratione reprehenderit. Voluptas sed laboriosam sed cupiditate omnis. Sunt et dicta quo dolorum praesentium quo eius expedita. Placeat occaecati aperiam libero voluptates. Harum fugiat eius repellat et sit recusandae. Et odit alias molestiae rerum et illum nisi.

Nesciunt eius occaecati quo qui. Deleniti nostrum cumque ea dolor ut qui. Quos quidem repellendus similique molestias accusantium inventore tenetur.

 

Blanditiis quae praesentium hic ea quidem nihil qui dolorem. Vel voluptas laboriosam voluptatem sapiente aperiam. Optio sint voluptas aut commodi consequatur vel natus. Corrupti perferendis ut distinctio quidem velit iste.

Reiciendis amet excepturi autem velit mollitia illum sed sit. Dolore ut voluptas consequatur dolor nulla laboriosam. Praesentium consequatur delectus excepturi explicabo accusamus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”