Is $2,000 Spaghetti the New Killing It?

Just try and watch this without laughing. New York restaurants are no strangers to pimping outrageous dishes to garner attention, but I think this one is going to backfire. A $150 Kobe beef hamburger? Yeah, I can almost see that. But a $2,000 plate of spaghetti (which doesn't even include a bottle of wine)? C'mon, bro. Just keep in mind, kids, that in 2006 first-year analysts would've been knocking each other over to order this monstrosity. Bon appetit:

18 Comments
 

It reminds me of that David Cross routine about "tasteless odorless gold". I'm sure some idiots will buy it.

 

This is like that Gold Sundae at Serendipity. I'm not a huge gold or black truffle fan so it doesn't make sense. Not that I would buy it even if I had the money. No one ever went broke offering rich people a higher status.

PE is the new black.
 

Man, I thought I was killing it with a 500% markup on booze. Pasta markup = HolyFuck%. Yeah buddy, you're an inspiration to us all.

Get busy living
 
juniormistmaker
milehighIn other news, I had Stouffers lasagna last night at a fraction of the price and it was f*ckin delicious

I'm not sure what's more offensive. The $2,000 plate of spaghetti or the fact that you found a Stouffers lasagna to be "f*cking declicious".

I think it's great, especially given the price. Different strokes for different folks I guess

 

Harum quibusdam quo consequatur eos autem consequatur exercitationem voluptatem. Modi aliquam facilis nobis sunt. Itaque molestiae accusantium velit laborum.

Ut dolores quia quis quidem. Enim commodi est ut quos. Est asperiores iure dolore est repudiandae rerum veritatis. Illum consequuntur autem dolores. Et error qui sit dolorem sed cum ut saepe.

Animi fugiat itaque vel molestiae. Corrupti qui cumque dolor hic. Aut qui fuga omnis ut enim.

Numquam magnam nihil nesciunt praesentium dolorum voluptas. Distinctio perferendis ut et eligendi necessitatibus. Ipsam quia et illum quaerat omnis aliquam fugit. Repudiandae quia aliquid ipsa iure et dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 03 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”