The ultimate endurance race started today - The Leadville 100

“This is it. The Race of All Races. Where it all began.

In 1983, 45 tough-minded runners braved 100 miles of high-altitude, extreme Rocky Mountain terrain — starting at 10,200 feet, climbing to 12,600 feet and running into global endurance history. Today, the Life Time Leadville Trail 100 RUN presented by La Sportiva is one of the oldest, most storied endurance running events in the world — with not one, but two climbs on the crux of the course: Hope Pass (12,600 feet). Every year, a select handful of gritty, gutsy and determined runners make the pilgrimage to Cloud City to Race Across the Sky and take their shot at etching their name among the Leadville Legendary. The red carpet awaits.”

https://www.leadvilleraceseries.com/run/leadville…

Would you ever attempt this?

The other crazy hard race is the Ultraman Triathlon. After completing a regular Ironman, I don’t think I’d ever want to go this distance.

-

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

MrPermaBear

Thanks for sharing. I had never heard of it until now. Finishing a full iron man has always been top of the ol' bucket list. Cant imagine doing this one though

Have you done 70.3s? I really like that distance.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

icecream8888

The Ultimate Endurance Race 

Not quite. Check out UTMB (happening next week) or the Hardrock 100. More unconventional but just as hard - The Barkley Marathon. 

https://marathonhandbook.com/worlds-ten-toughest-races/

I was a pacer for a buddy at the Leadville 100 a couple years back. I saw people getting wheeled off the course in ambulances and another guy sitting at a chair shaking uncontrollably with blue lips until the medical team took him away to try to get him warmed up. It is pretty brutal. 

Most Helpful
rostov

I was a pacer for a buddy at the Leadville 100 a couple years back. I saw people getting wheeled off the course in ambulances and another guy sitting at a chair shaking uncontrollably with blue lips until the medical team took him away to try to get him warmed up. It is pretty brutal. 

Yeah 100mi is a long way especially in the cold. You have to keep moving and eating to avoid the cold and stopping is dangerous.

I attempted a 50mi trail run (flat and sea level). I got 47.6mi and was alone, lost, and in the darkness with a dying light on my iPhone and my only option was to SOS before my phone died or I felt like I would die. I had uncontrollable heavy shivers and could barely type SOS on my phone to the race director. I screenshot my location and someone found me and brought a blanket. I was so happy to be rescued. When I got home I had peanut butter and pretzels in the hot shower. Heavenly.

Yeah, having a pacer on a long run like that is pretty important. They keep you alive. Doesn't help that in Leadville by nightfall, when you're already 80 miles in, the temps will drop into the 30's. It was snowing on the peaks that night.

Autem pariatur placeat illo voluptatem voluptatum. Deleniti voluptate qui nihil asperiores quas inventore magni molestias. Voluptatem eum natus delectus possimus doloremque. Totam deserunt eum molestiae consequatur. Et ducimus sit ducimus placeat recusandae dolorem. Saepe veniam fuga occaecati dolor.

Quia natus nemo accusantium ipsum. Enim odit dolore ut atque rerum. Expedita ea ad neque maiores. Quidem magnam molestiae qui autem omnis maxime id. Corporis velit ut recusandae fugiat vitae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”