BankMonkey21:
I got Diaz too. Only way George wins is if he decides to Lay on Diaz the entire fight.

GSP: ''I'm going to give Diaz the worst beating you've ever seen in the UFC''

Translation: I'm going to dry hump Diaz VERY hard for 25min.

companion:
BankMonkey21:
I got Diaz too. Only way George wins is if he decides to Lay on Diaz the entire fight.

GSP: ''I'm going to give Diaz the worst beating you've ever seen in the UFC''

Translation: I'm going to dry hump Diaz VERY hard for 25min.

Give it up, Diaz got whomped start to finish with the exception being about 1 minute in round 3 where I actually thought he might have been turning things around. Kept the fight standing for about 50% of the time and still couldn't do anything with it, and GSP dry humped him straight into another retirement claim for the other 50%.

For those keeping score, GSP is such a non-finisher than he's about 40 seconds away from passing BJ Penn for most time spent in the Octagon in UFC history.

I hate victims who respect their executioners

I seriously think that everyone is sick and tired of his ''fighting'' style: take down, dry hump, look at the clock, throw 2-3 weak punches, dry hump some more, look at the clock again, end of round.

GSP vs Hendricks is going to be the lowest PPV buyout in UFC history. Even Dana White cain't wait for GSP to retire or for someone to knock him out. The guy is killing the business.

Best Response
companion:
I seriously think that everyone is sick and tired of his ''fighting'' style: take down, dry hump, look at the clock, throw 2-3 weak punches, dry hump some more, look at the clock again, end of round.

GSP vs Hendricks is going to be the lowest PPV buyout in UFC history. Even Dana White cain't wait for GSP to retire or for someone to knock him out. The guy is killing the business.

Honestly how can you, I, or anyone else blame him though? He's absolutely unstoppable with the combination of his jab, takedowns, sub defense, etc. and if I defended my title as many times as he has, I'd probably keep doing the same thing too. And I don't think he's a shitty PPV seller given how much he makes per fight... people who don't know much about MMA are probably going to think the GSP/Hendricks fight might suck but it's actually probably one of the tougher matchups GSP can have. Johny is a beast of a wrestler and has huge KO power so the takedowns might not work so well for Georges and if he stands and strikes it could be a problem for him too. Gonna be really interesting matchup.

I would have paid double to get 5 rounds out of that Hendricks/Condit fight though. Every time Condit loses I actually come away thinking he's better than before, and Hendricks was such a beast I could have watched them fight forever. Also watching Ellenberger embarrass Marquardt was very satisfying, and that's another one that will be fun to watch push for the next shot at the title after Hendricks. I'd like to see him vs. Maia and see if he can handle a non-striker before giving him serious consideration though.

BlackHat:
companion:

Honestly how can you, I, or anyone else blame him though? He's absolutely unstoppable with the combination of his jab, takedowns, sub defense, etc. and if I defended my title as many times as he has, I'd probably keep doing the same thing too. And I don't think he's a shitty PPV seller given how much he makes per fight... people who don't know much about MMA are probably going to think the GSP/Hendricks fight might suck but it's actually probably one of the tougher matchups GSP can have. Johny is a beast of a wrestler and has huge KO power so the takedowns might not work so well for Georges and if he stands and strikes it could be a problem for him too. Gonna be really interesting matchup.

I would have paid double to get 5 rounds out of that Hendricks/Condit fight though. Every time Condit loses I actually come away thinking he's better than before, and Hendricks was such a beast I could have watched them fight forever. Also watching Ellenberger embarrass Marquardt was very satisfying, and that's another one that will be fun to watch push for the next shot at the title after Hendricks. I'd like to see him vs. Maia and see if he can handle a non-striker before giving him serious consideration though.

Next GSP main event card should be the following:

GSP vs Hendricks Ellenberger vs Condit Maia vs Rory Macdonald

companion:
Next GSP main event card should be the following:

GSP vs Hendricks Ellenberger vs Condit Maia vs Rory Macdonald

I'd be down with that. I just wish Rory would lose or leave Tristar or something so that he could finally fight GSP. I think he's the #2 Welterweight even in the face of guys like Hendricks and Ellenberger, and that injury was such a disappointment. He has the tools to whomp Hendricks that GSP may or may not have. He'd put Maia in the ground, IMO.

Ipsa itaque distinctio architecto delectus dolorem suscipit. Voluptate autem ducimus enim natus quo vel. Quia neque facilis itaque. Et voluptatem dolores eius commodi. Eveniet aut sequi minus vitae iure libero repellendus nobis. Totam minus similique consequatur porro.

Quaerat alias laboriosam vel consequatur sequi vel autem. Quia ipsum itaque quam architecto. Quia dolorem eius ut est perspiciatis dolorum. Incidunt quia autem molestiae quae.

Error sed cum sed et. Accusamus aut facilis eum et at. Quidem et voluptatibus et. Minima est doloremque sed vero porro velit. Nihil id molestias ea nesciunt dolorem nesciunt. Neque modi voluptas et.

Sed aut totam aut et. Repellat modi labore qui ab. Nulla corporis omnis fuga consectetur. Ducimus quo eum ipsa dolore tempore facere.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”