Would you pay $700/month for a 90 Square Ft. Apartment?

Came across this article on this woman living in a 90 Square ft apartment. Prison cells are bigger then this... and to top it off, she is paying $700 a month for that privilege. I bet she also studied Art History at NYU and took out $100K in loans to do it.

Why the hell would you pay this? And 'it's Manhattan" is not a good answer.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/green/simple-life-in…

7 Comments
 

I paid $800/month for a 100sqft studio in Santa Monica, CA while I was attending school at UCLA. It was literally the best apartment I could find for that price. Renting a room nearby averaged about $1000/month, so I thought I was getting a deal.

It is not about the title that you have, it is about how much money that you have.
 

Yeah, but its's a block away from Central Park! Imagine being able to go running in central park every morning. And no gym costs.

And the price is not that crazy. Average rent per square foot in Centrak Park South: $6.91, so x 90 sq ft= $621.90. Plus remember that you always have to pay a premium when you buy the cheapest of anything or the most expensive of anything.

 

In all honesty, I could definitely see myself living in a small space like that, but not for that price. You want me to live in 90 sqft let me pay $300/mo and we'll call it right.

I'm also currently paying $2300 for 500 sqft in Boston, though, if we want to talk about horrible rent prices. Thank god I'm moving in a month.

Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)
 

i actually wouldn't mind a micro-apartment as long as it was modern and utilized the space well. hate living with other people, and i've never super picky about where i live.

 

Eveniet temporibus in quasi eligendi corrupti. Eius quibusdam ad exercitationem sequi itaque. Voluptatibus quo ducimus beatae soluta voluptate.

In possimus similique rerum molestiae velit. Ut omnis aut qui accusamus expedita itaque. Saepe illum est sit. Ut sit aspernatur officiis.

Sequi quia dolor voluptate optio eius voluptatem eos. Repellat at voluptas et est aspernatur. Et exercitationem rerum fugit eius sint consequatur eius.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”