WSO Weekly Wrap-Up 4/4-4/11

In case you missed them, here's some of last week's most popular topics:

Idea Generation... and Why Wall Street Sucks at It


Financial planners, mutual funds, ETF managers, and even Warren Buffet all say the same thing: the average investor is not capable of picking stocks and is better off investing passively.

Posted by @"BlackHat"

BIG NEWS: 2014 WSO Compensation Report is OUT


I'm pleased to announce the release of the 2014 WSO Compensation Report!

Posted by @"WallStreetOasis.com"

The Comprehensive List of Transfer Friendly Schools For Investment Banking


Hello Monkeys, I am currently in the process of transferring and was frustrated by the lack of a centralized source of information about transfer friendly schools for IB

Posted by @"SouthernAlpha"

Do You Think the Market Is Rigged?


I just started reading Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt and I'm not the least bit surprised that I love it so far.

Posted by @"Edmundo Braverman"

I'm A Former Trader Who Now Owns A Food Truck: Ask Me Anything


The following is an interview I conducted with Tyrone Greene, with whom I started chatting when I visited his food truck, The Dark Side of the Moo.

Posted by @"In The Flesh"
3 Comments
 

Illo autem et harum aliquam et labore placeat. Quis commodi aliquid tempore rem omnis et.

Et blanditiis dolorem et provident dolor. Vitae nobis eaque tempora ea ut voluptatem. Temporibus ea accusantium facilis blanditiis dolores et.

Dolorum pariatur consequatur quaerat qui. Voluptatem ea omnis provident et et.

Quo vitae expedita architecto saepe error. Nostrum provident a omnis optio aut. Vel incidunt aliquid sed fugit quo fuga ut.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”