Query / advice on following investment/portfolio analyst role?
Currently just received a job PD for an investment analyst role, but more oriented towards the fund / portfolio domain. I'd like the sub's advice in whether this is a good platform to build some skills from a big4 infra advisory team background.
The job ad, and the role assists with capital raising. However, it won't sit within a 'deals' type team.
Purpose: The Analyst's primary responsibility is to support the investment team with fund performance analysis and portfolio modelling, fund reporting coordination and the provision of analytical support for prospective fund and capital raising activity, predominantly across the business’s socialand renewable energy infrastructure fund.
Responsibilities listed below -
Analyse and Performance:
- Assisting in analysing and driving the performance of investment portfolios via financial modelling work, in addition to the development of including:
- Ongoing maintenance and optimisation of for existing social infrastructure fund portfolios
- Development of new financial models for prospective investment strategies including undertaking scenario, analysis
- Coordination and assistance in development of investor materials for new investment strategies
- Effective tracking and recording of prospective investor activity associated with new investment strategies
- Assist in writing and contributing to investment analysis including papers for consideration by the investment committee.
Portfolio Analysis and Reporting
- Perform periodic fund performance analysis for the social accommodation funds and renewable energy fund.
- Coordination of social accommodation and renewable energy fund reporting, including quarterly/half-year and annual performance reporting, strategic reviews, and surveys.