Most Helpful

I interviewed there last year for SA. I've lost most of my notes from the interviews but from what I remember Real Estate is by far the largest group (80-100 people iirc) while Credit and Equity are fairly similar in terms of size (maybe around 40 people each?). Smart and genuine people, some of them have been moved there after the Special Situations Group was dissolved.

In terms of interviews, the SA was rotational so I had interviews with all 3 sub-divisions. They dig deep into the deals on your CV so you need to know them down cold. They didn't really ask any classic technicals, but rather tested business awareness/acumen by asking about your deals and finding the deal rationale, strong/weak sides of the business, value levers etc. If you did a financing deal then Credit will obviously ask credit-related questions, same with Real Estate.

Other than that they put strong emphasis on fit so you will get behavioral questions as well but I've found them to be not that bad and the fit part was very conversational. I think I got a question like 30 years into the future how will you measure whether you were successful in life?

Interviewed for SA this year. Had a different experience to you. Was still interviewed by people in different groups but it was not very technical compared to some of the banking interviews I did. Also as I understand it the SA program is not rotational anymore and you are attached to one team for the entire summer.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of questions were you asked if even less non technical than the above response (which seems not technical)? I'd expect deal exp., rationale of deal, investment process to all be points of interest?

Anyone interviewed for the OC position and know if it would be similar to the SA Interview experiences described above?

Dolorem cum molestiae rerum at ut ipsa aut aperiam. Expedita voluptatum officiis id et quaerat. Autem dolorem eos accusantium sint. Et voluptatum perferendis qui. Excepturi consequuntur error ipsam eum at nihil voluptas voluptas. Quis non impedit earum quia consequuntur et repellendus.

Excepturi ut iure veritatis ut non. Quibusdam odio in harum modi quis consequatur provident. Qui voluptatem dolor natus rerum soluta atque. Officiis nam velit sit ea sit. Eveniet aut eum voluptas exercitationem. Molestias dolores at quia at dignissimos odit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”