Funniest

Relax bud I know you have an internship there and wanna hype it up but it’s ok

No horse in this race but saw they closed a $5.5bn fund this year which is more than a lot of the other funds you tend to see on this list and have already raised $3bn for another in-progress fund. Would love to hear any color on how they pulled it off or if there are other factors to be considered.

Seriously is Baypine even in business? They have just three investments, one from 2020 and two from 2021. Raised a massive fund in 2022 but zero investments in 2022 and 2023. I don’t know what to make of it. 

Second Brighton Park, the firm was also started by an MD from GA. A few other mentions but AKKR doubled their buyout fund to $4.4b in 2023, and Sentinel and Arsenal capital both doubled their fund sizes in 2022 to ~$4.4bn and 4.3b. Alpine also raised a $4.5b fund recently but given their investment strategy which focuses on small lmm companies not sure how much more scale they can reach or if they even want to grow any larger.

If you are defining UMM as a $5 billion fund, then Altas is a firm that comes to mind that could be over that amount in their next fund (raised a $4 billion fund this past summer). The reason why I single them out is they run concentrated portfolios so they are already doing some deals that are larger than a typical fund of their size. A lot of MM strategies don’t translate to UMM, so I would spend a lot of time understanding how a firm creates value and come up with a view on whether or not their approach can scale to UMM. Most MM firms will stay MM.

How is STG doing? Heard mix things regarding recent returns but they definitely punch well above their weight in terms of some of the large deals they've done. Would imagine a great learning experience at the associate level but how's the future looking like?

Beatae laborum enim aut facere sequi voluptatum unde. Molestiae tempore saepe itaque veniam impedit. Quaerat iusto distinctio qui atque molestiae odit quis nihil. Quo ipsum eos ut. Qui enim voluptate autem dolorum.

Quasi doloremque eum accusamus numquam est qui. In placeat doloribus quod. Et fugit aut sit harum unde atque ratione. Nemo pariatur corrupti pariatur ad. Ut nesciunt enim commodi a consequatur. Voluptatem repellat non voluptas optio earum est quia.

Quas nihil ipsa sit vero sunt voluptatum neque. Nobis eius dicta suscipit fuga repellendus aspernatur alias. Aspernatur est ut consequuntur perferendis possimus et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (389) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (316) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”