Most Helpful

Same boat fam. Talked to friends at some of the funds I got outreach from HH on and they said they are in no particular rush. Seems like everyone knows 1st years are getting very little experience with closing deals and these guys made it clear that they want to see candidates with solid live deal experience. Honestly fine with it as someone coming from a traditionally solid group that places well into most MFs, we have had very little deal flow (maybe closed 2 deals as a group since August). Trying to prep for these interviews is hard when you have to bs most of the deal discussion because all you have are basic models for bake-offs, etc.

How do people feel about this years cycle? For my group at an EB, which traditionally places well, very few went on cycle and only one kid signed.

It feel like a lot of 1st years sat out given how early it went. Do you all think off cycle will be pretty widespread over the next 6 months or will most of you all without offers wait until next year and take 3 years in IB? I know a few in my group are considering this path.

had some interviews that went well and was told I was going to move forward, but radio silence now. anyone else experiencing anything similar? 

Laborum facere aut possimus ipsa dolores id vel nobis. Inventore non blanditiis aliquam debitis. Modi sit qui sapiente. Rerum deleniti et ratione eveniet modi qui vitae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”