Has anyone got no hits (On cycle 2022)

I am a good analyst at a mid BB (Citi / CS / Barclays) in a coverage group. Went to top 25 school (Vandy / UMich / UCLA) and have a ~3.7 GPA. 

I have spoken to Hhs but not got a single coffee chat or interview. Is it just me or are other people in the same boat? It is really stressful to see so many people have interviews / coffee chats. A few major headhunters e.g. gold coast, reached out but didn't bother to ask me for a call even though I filled out the form on the same day. 

Any advice on how to proceed here? I have tried to cold reach out to PE funds as well with limited traction. 

Have an old friend from HS with a fairly similar background as you, and he’s experiencing the same thing. Honestly, there’s so much competition and nowadays every other banker is gunning for PE, which makes on-cycle a complete shitshow. Unfortunately, dont have any solid advice, just dont give up and know youre not the only one experiencing that

In the same boat. I’m at one of the banks you mentioned, went to an HYP with decent GPA. Have very good deal experience and felt extremely confident with how my HH meetings went… but not a single call yet about an interview, and 2 headhunters didn’t even schedule an intro meeting with me. Honestly pretty confused right now, felt like I was in a great spot for everything based off resume, vibe I was getting from headhunters, generally knowing I do pretty well in interview settings. But I’m not even getting an interview in the first place. I’m just trying to keep in mind that it’s literally been less than 24 hours since the frenzy began, just be patient. The rational side of me thinks it’s way too early to feel like this, but a large part of me is starting to.

Most Helpful

Just wanted to follow up here, I’m the one who posted this comment. I woke up with multiple interviews, been in processes ever since with one MF and one UMM. Just wait it out, it’ll come. I was sick to my stomach last night thinking I wasn’t going to get a single interview - I was dramatically overreacting. Stay calm, we’re all fine. They take days/weeks to actually fill all these roles.

Just relax. Feeling this way will hamper your performance when the interviews start rolling in. The process is a crapshoot and if you haven't been tapped yet it's likely nothing to do with you, just not lucky yet. Yes there is heavy volume of recruiting right now but the interviews will continue well into the coming months so just keep at the HHs and make sure you're prepared. Good luck.

It will be less so than in previous years given the number of analyst programs. Almost every big PE firm (UMM / MF) hire analysts straight out of school and most stay on as associates so less spots total.

A lot (if not all) of these on-cycle firms will be leaving spots open for the off-cycle, so I wouldn’t worry! You should be using this time to your advantage though & make sure you’re prepared for when you do start interviewing

Absolute disaster; HHs / funds seem extremely uncoordinated and unprepared. Not surprising given the circumstances.

Considering that we started our cycle so late, seems like off-cycle 2022 will just start immediately after this week (as echoed above). So in that sense, just keep prepping and stay ready since there likely won't be as strong of a delineation between on-cycle / off-cycle as in previous years, and in many ways it'll just seem like a "continuation" of on-cycle for the next few months.

Dolores eligendi voluptas id temporibus consectetur tempore. Quia voluptatem ab et provident optio ut impedit. Ut non itaque tempore ut vel quo distinctio.

Id dolores molestiae repellendus rerum rerum. Quo suscipit saepe fugit quasi recusandae libero. Dolor similique dolores maxime consequatur earum. Eos asperiores voluptatum id maxime fugiat.

Ut velit veritatis doloremque laudantium soluta ipsam porro. Perspiciatis vero et aut quis harum illum ipsa veritatis. Assumenda aspernatur pariatur neque et at. Id qui placeat provident ut aut inventore expedita explicabo. Asperiores voluptatem nihil sint laudantium ullam maiores. Enim beatae voluptate omnis omnis et minus et.

Vel a accusantium rerum omnis. Cumque vitae odit magni voluptas nihil voluptatem quos. Tenetur cumque iusto quae omnis et. Architecto corporis non accusamus maxime est animi. Sapiente earum maxime pariatur dolor repellendus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”