IPE 100 vs REPE 100 ranking

Which do you use when you rank a REPE firm and why? I know that REPE 100 is based on fundraising total and IPE 100 is total AUM.  I’m working for a firm that’s on REPE 100 but not IPE 100. Does this mean that the company could be fast growing? Because it’s relatively new so it makes sense it’s not on IPE 100. 

Most Helpful

I did a post with the data from one of those (IPE 100 I think), so may be good to search for that. 

To answer the question

PERE 100 (note it's not REPE 100) - Is based on mutliyear fundraising specific to "private equity" type strategies, i.e. its a narrow band of activity (essentially value-add and opportunistic with lots of exclusions). 

IPE 100 is all real estate AUM regardless of strategy or when monies were raised

So these are very apples to oranges type comparisons. In general AUM is the purest measure, so I guess IPE 100 is the ranking I would personally "respect" the most. PERE 100 is purposely niche, so if you care about that niche (and who has raised money lately within it), then it is useful. Still comparing a closed-end limited life opportunity fund to an open-end comingled core fund serves what exactly (one example I guess that could cause a high rank on one but a low/no rank on the other)? Different business modes and different strategies. 

All else equal, size is size thus IPE 100 or the IREI lists are most interesting to me. 

But being totally honest, only time I ever find any value in looking at these lists is when I'm responding to someone on WSO. In the real world, they don't mean much if you are in the business. You can be small and totally badass and make tons of money, or you can be super huge with "supermarket" offerings, so I wouldn't use any of these to judge firms personally. 

Incidunt aut aut sit. Minima consequatur dolorum id dolores fuga animi excepturi. Perspiciatis dolorum veritatis iste sed enim. Velit nesciunt eos ad ab et vel. Cum cumque laborum est et. Odit nesciunt libero odio est quisquam et. Aut qui distinctio ad soluta in veritatis sed.

Delectus delectus soluta rem dolor doloremque ullam in. Et molestiae voluptatibus natus tempore consequatur qui. Fugit asperiores est odit velit. Quas voluptatum fuga dolorem optio quidem sint. Dicta labore suscipit repellat similique ut. Voluptatem reprehenderit rerum qui sapiente.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”