There's no correct answer to this question other than not having a well thought out answer with underlying data to support. Here is what I have prepared for future interviews: 

As the globalized trading partnerships deteriorate, we can expect to see a rapid pace of near-shoring in the next decade and decades to come. Manufacturing is already being repatriated at a rapid pace and loads of capital is being allocated in domestic manufacturing plants, so industrial in the south where you would ideally be close to the border of Mexico would be the first place where I would invest $50m. The cost of labor in Mexico is now ⅓ of that in China, so there will be sustained motivation to nearshore manufacturing to North America to areas where there is an abundance of cheap labor

The other $50M would be spent on senior living and senior care centers as the United States population is aging at a rapid pace and by 2030 1 in 5 people or 20% of the US population will be 65 or older / roughly 76 million people, up from 16% today. And while supply is just barely adequate for the current demand, the future increase in the senior population is likely to catch investors on their heels in terms of being under-allocated in that space.

Thanks for sharing. Nice take on the senior care sector, if it's interesting the argument could probably be improved since the over 65 statistic isn't very applicable and it may be better to look at the Boomer generation instead. It seems that average age of residents is mid 80s and considering a decent length stay the intake age would be late 70s to early 80s. With the boomers turning 78 this year senior care should see strong demand in the coming years. This isn't visible in the over 65 stat since they are already over 65 to begin with. 

Great answer though, might have to snag it so I wanted to contribute as well. 

Funniest

I'd lease a bunch of overpriced office spaces and convert them to coworking spaces, then use those to sell the idea to SoftBank and have them give me $10 billion. I would then sell the dream to more investors and take my golden parachute out to prosperity.

The Perfect Plan

You're not really a born and bred, traditional aristocrat if you work hard enough to get into Harvard.- Prospie

Most Helpful

Personally, MF still makes the most sense to me, but it's very geographically dependent. Pricing has adjusted enough, and theres potential for distressed assets as 2021 people were taking 75-80% bridge loans with a 2 year rate cap that could be forced to sell in a bad time this year. I have a deal I'm working on that a developer made a new property, we keep them on for a portion of promote, they give us their 3.25% HUD loan and we buy it at a 5.5% cap in a high growth market. 

Any deal getting done now needs a good thesis and conservative enough to where the equity you are raising isn't scared this will flop. Resi cap rates have been dropping for the last 30 years, there are some increases to it, and if you can take advantage I'd imagine once interest rates go back down to the 4s you can sell again in the 4 cap range. Occupancy is still great, rents will increase slower than the last couple years, but that just makes the pricing even more important.

Vitae quo praesentium neque est et nam qui. Est rerum temporibus et velit occaecati. Aut veniam perspiciatis debitis fuga. Qui est molestiae aut hic nostrum fuga. Vero quo est iure labore in. Pariatur dolore aut deleniti.

Qui in dignissimos accusantium repellendus quas ea laborum. Ullam autem laborum corporis ullam. In reprehenderit dolor consequuntur quas dolorum non.

Commodi rerum repellendus minima vero quas aliquam. Numquam error consequatur eos. Qui id ut unde reiciendis. Voluptatum ratione rerum unde incidunt sit. Magnam nam deleniti atque ipsa incidunt non eveniet. Ipsum autem asperiores itaque similique.

Et et soluta adipisci adipisci. Sapiente laboriosam quidem distinctio molestias optio et. Sit culpa sed distinctio. Qui illum in totam excepturi vel incidunt. Dicta est deleniti enim cupiditate quia qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”