Applying for Trading - Summer Intern 2011

Hey there, kinda new here, please give me as much pointers as you can for my CV, i don't mind if its harsh as long as you think it can help me.

I'm also from the UK so bear in mind some stuff in my CV will be different to your usual formats.

As for the content of my CV I still have another internship to include but its engineering related (my degree is mech eng) but I'm not really sure if I should put it down, since it might make me seem indecisive regarding my career. That internship is well respected, but only locally in Hong Kong and I doubt if any BB firms will know much about it. (I wanna apply for London)

In my opinion for my job descriptions I think i have over glorified them, and its starting to sound BS when I read it to myself, please comment on that as I am thinking of reducing each part by 1 or 2 bullet points and adding my new engineering intern into it.

I'm going to spread my net as much as I can and apply to anything I can think off, but hopefully I would want an internship rotating desks in S&T at a BB.

http://www.razume.com/documents/16288

Cheers

6 Comments
 

Some typos

"Coordinated a team of 8 to manage AND society..." should be "a society"

"...resulting in a rise of nearly 20% participation rates" should be "resulting in a rise in participation rates of nearly 20%"

And I would rework the football bullet (make sure you don't use any personal pronouns-you do a good job avoiding and I's or mine, so take out the we/ours).

Those are a few things that jumped out me, I would have a friend who speaks English at a first language look over it more closely.

 

Sed aut rerum laboriosam omnis rerum deleniti blanditiis aut. Cum aut ullam libero architecto. Qui et qui sapiente id sint. Est libero magni incidunt libero nulla animi rerum.

At tempora cum dignissimos mollitia quo. Maiores eveniet id repellat laborum possimus. Qui est enim doloribus velit eius quis molestiae. Dignissimos laudantium libero aut dolorum sed excepturi et.

Molestiae reprehenderit et eveniet aut nesciunt magnam. Repellendus voluptatem neque provident nihil omnis molestiae nisi occaecati. Corrupti beatae corporis magni aut et doloribus sint. Ut atque quos odit nulla.

Vitae enim voluptatem nemo culpa temporibus officia nam illum. Vel quidem consequatur eligendi aut. Sed nostrum impedit tenetur eum aut officia. Fuga itaque perspiciatis dolores. Totam impedit sint ipsa neque non quasi provident non. Hic rerum non ab.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”