My resume = Trash or Interview ? | SA2021 London

Hi my fellow monkeys,

Can someone tell me how my resume looks, and if you would give an interview for London SA2021.
If not, can you highlight my mistakes and errors?
I would be grateful for any feedback!

(Please don't mind the jokes in my resume, I'm a serious guy at work!)

Attachment Size
resume_monkey_edition.pdf 240.03 KB 240.03 KB

Most Helpful
  • Formatting: gaps are inconsistent e.g. the gap between the last bullet of "Education" and the "Experience" section is larger than the last "experience" bullet and the start of "additional information". Make sure you keep all dates and names consistent because the date of your TMT company experience is not in italics whilst others are. I would also call "Additional Information" something like "Interests and Skills"

• Education: wait, you don't know what university you're going to and you're expecting a First? How can you be society manager if you're not in university yet?

I'll pick this up once you answer these Qs

• Education: looks fine as is

• Experience: Looks good. Perhaps see if you can quantify "maximise growth" for the TMT company

• Additional skills: most people won't pay too much attention to Python. You can save space and add something else by saying "fluency in Python" and note any cool projects in your cover letter. Also, since you only a certificate for English don't put it in. Be consistent so remove it and if they question you about the fluency you can upload it as a separate document on the online portals.

Overall it looks good.

Find free online practice and share questions with your friends. Most important, here's something I wish I'd done when applying: apply to the places you don't want as much first (MM shops, boutiques). The more psychometric tests you'll do under proper timed conditions, the better you'll become, so you're more likely to pass them if you've already done as many as possible!! Save the shops you really want for last but still apply early (preferably within first week or two of opening).

PS. smile during hirevues PPS. to pass MS's psychometric tests you need to get in the top bracket for each test, so save that for last. I know friends who made fake profiles to do them. You can also trade questions with people on thestudentroom (find the 2021 IB internship thread)

We don't have a GPA in the UK and often the official weight of the degree is entirely on final year exams, so putting expected grade is normal although. Students usually list their first and second year exam results if theyre good though, even though they don't count for anything/much.

Dolorem qui adipisci impedit eaque eius. Aliquid qui sit impedit sint voluptate sit id. Nemo doloremque minima iure est.

Sit fugiat minima neque quidem ratione at. Quo repellat error dolores doloribus non omnis laboriosam provident. Similique sunt incidunt mollitia. Veniam quidem delectus omnis et. Adipisci voluptate soluta quam mollitia maxime quo et. Voluptatem id magnam recusandae voluptas. Fugiat pariatur eum amet debitis.

Dolorum id voluptatum totam dicta in eos perspiciatis. Consequatur omnis quis enim repellendus similique quisquam recusandae quisquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”