2024 MBA IB Summer Associate Recruiting Megathread

Seems like there is not much discussion on MBA recruiting despite it being in full force. Wanted to create a thread where people can discuss updates on interview invitations with various firms.

Feel free to share updates or insights people have heard.

Most Helpful

Know this is a dead thread but just wanted to flag something that might be worthwhile to know for folks in the midst of this. Maybe the schools have convinced you that the gmat doesn’t matter anymore?

Seems like a huge portion of candidates don’t list it (assuming bad score) or took GRE (total cop out and everybody knows it’s easier).

Like it or not, but many folks (especially older) care about that and it works like this—if you don’t have anything on your background of significant technical or academic quality, and you didn’t take the gmat or score highly, you are first to be cut at any sign of weakness in technicals etc.

My bank cut folks for this and it makes sense, the whole anti-test movement is incredibly misguided

Just thought I’d give input especially for future classes that might come across this. Getting into school is step 1, but if you get in somewhere you wouldn’t have otherwise without a score of that caliber, then the signal is lost for the highly competitive jobs

Just speaking for my bank and friends at other BB/EBs who have expressed the same.

Not being spiteful I’m genuinely curious if folks have been convinced it doesn’t matter or what, because just a couple years ago it was pretty known / on most forums that it was considered necessary for IB

Obviously that’s not a hard line, but it remains one of the easiest factors to separate candidates

Obviously if you have high gpa from top tier undergrad with technical focus it matters less, but often I’m seeing applicants with soft resumes and no gmat. Nothing is there to convince of aptitude unless they absolutely crush technicals, but that’s a higher bar and some are trimmed before that stage even

Adipisci quibusdam consectetur est iusto optio eos. Blanditiis culpa dicta molestias laboriosam numquam. Laborum aut in quis ea sed ratione. Ut culpa culpa quod. Voluptatem iusto sed eligendi qui eveniet.

Voluptatem autem libero provident velit sed. Unde aperiam dicta tenetur consequatur animi. Nesciunt voluptate qui laborum at et rem eveniet omnis. Est esse dolores voluptatibus blanditiis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”