Joining a target school abroad in 2023-24 session, currently on a gap year, need some advice

Indian here going to a target school in Europe (Bocconi) for my undergraduate course. I have a B1 in Italian which I ill try to convert into a C1 by the time I join my bachelors program. Although I do want to enjoy my gap and have fun, I also want to utilize this time to add something genuinely impressive on my CV. Currently I only have 2 mediocre non-finance work experiences. One is me being a personal trainer and an online coach for the past year or so and another is my experience at a local luxury retail and manufacturing startup as a part time sales associate.

Since it is already fucking hard to break into IB/MC as a local even after coming from a target school, breaking in being an immigrant would be significantly harder, So I need to plan ahead and build my resume up relatively early. I do plan on pursuing a masters in Europe/UK (St Gallen, Rotterdam, HEC, ESSEC, WHU, SSE, UCL, Imperial, LSE, Oxbridge, Warwick etc.) but having a free ass year and not doing anything that reaps me dividends in my career just seems like a fancy version of procrastination. I have genuinely set my mind into breaking in, MBB being a high watermark target.

I am thinking of doing independent research, or trying to go full time and rise up the ranks in the luxury startup I am working at. If you guys were in my place, having the hindsight that you need your resume to be impressive enough for the big firms, while being an immigrant student, considering currently I cannot study and increase the other main factor of my resume, ie, my GPA (I hope I am smart enough to be in a top percentile at my university), what would you do? Any and all advices are welcome, thank you for reading.

It is costing me 0 when it comes to tuition because I am receiving a full ride financial aid, this is not including the living costs of Milan which would be around 500-800 euros including rent per month, so around 15000-24000 euros in totality.I am a Humanities + Math + Econ guy from CBSE scoring a sort of above average GPA in my Boards (93%) but nothing too impressive. I live in a small as tourist city in the poorest most destitute and violent part of the country so I haven't got many opportunities here just trying to make the best of what I have.

Enim cupiditate voluptatem consequatur consectetur placeat voluptas ad. Ea dolorem repellendus est fugit vero sunt earum. Totam beatae qui consequatur atque reprehenderit unde sed. Ipsam architecto et et at ea iure quisquam ut. Dolor quaerat dolorum vel voluptatum. Nihil excepturi praesentium quas in quia qui aspernatur incidunt. Ut architecto deleniti aut unde debitis illum voluptatibus.

Aut sunt ex deleniti ratione. Excepturi nemo porro eligendi vero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”