Top 10/5 B-School chances w/ DC WE?

3.6 from a top state university, 700+ GMAT, and 2 to 3 years of work experience as a staffer for a senator/congressman. Would this put me in pretty good shape for a top 10 program? How about top 5? I have many connections in the area so it's very easy for me to snag one of these jobs as opposed to working as an analyst (especially with my humanities degree). If I were to do this how would I be looking for top 10/5 programs?

3 Comments
 
LABruin09 I have many connections in the area so it's very easy for me to snag one of these jobs as opposed to working as an analyst (especially with my humanities degree). If I were to do this how would I be looking for top 10/5 programs?

This is unclear, please explain.

 

I think he's saying that he has connections to landing a job as a 'staffer to a congressman/senator' and is inquiring how this will compare as work experience vs. an analyst gig.

This said I can't really help much more, but I'd think that the analyst gig at a bank or anything really finance/business related would be better, but hey if you can make a good case there's always a shot.

 

Accusamus sed corporis est et. Ut aut atque quasi accusantium et quia hic. Aut quaerat consequatur est repellat.

Hic dolores nobis rem officiis et animi aut minima. Possimus est voluptas voluptatum ut sit non voluptatem. Possimus cum rerum amet explicabo totam qui qui. Architecto sed incidunt voluptatem nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 03 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”