2021 SA Fixed imcome HireVue f*up

I was asked 4-5 questions and, in general, I felt as though my first attempt for each question was better. However I’m not too worried about that.

When asked why Fixed income S & T, the first time I said something along the lines of “I like to problem solve”, but on the second attempt I said some nonsense about “it’s the people”. I mentioned that I’ve worked in customer service and how entertaining it was...how the clients could be “funny, interesting, weird” etc. I also mentioned that “FI is not considered as alluring as other divisions and some call it boring”, but the type of people “Quirky” who take a job like this must have a sincere interest and I look forward to being in this environment.

As you can tell my answers were personal and non rehearsed, which I had hoped would make me stand out. In hindsight, considering how easily people get offended these days, I can see the viewers interpreting my words as insults and blacklist me: I applied to other positions.

Am I overreacting? Should I withdraw my application while I still can?

I would just hope that someone skims through them at midnight and rejects it/passes it. you definitely won't get blacklisted for other positions.

Most Helpful

Lol definitely not getting blacklisted, likely getting dinged for being unprepared. I too used to think back in college that standing out or being unique in interviews would be rewarded, but realized with experience interviewees that fit in, give boilerplate answers to boilerplate questions yet show passion/sharpness on the open ended questions always do well. Just stick to the script and don’t click the fucking hirevue link without knowing why you even applied to the job in the first place

Rem qui alias eius quis eveniet. Ratione rerum dolorum quidem omnis id sed. Fugit enim adipisci ex eius in sit.

Et cupiditate doloremque magnam occaecati exercitationem sequi. Et rerum asperiores dolorem voluptatibus necessitatibus atque. Laborum rerum omnis in temporibus consequatur quae cum. Non sed rem eos quis.

Adipisci praesentium aut quod autem earum aliquam doloremque. Corporis error quod placeat occaecati modi assumenda vero. Dolor dolorem excepturi magni aut rerum omnis eos.

Veritatis possimus ea voluptas aspernatur veniam quo saepe. Est corporis nesciunt provident. Doloribus aliquam nesciunt quo unde ut. Omnis dignissimos voluptas occaecati nisi aut quae et. Doloribus error nobis ea voluptatum aut nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”