How a broker spent $520m in a drunken stupor
I can't believe this story "How a broker spent $520m in a drunken stupor and moved the global oil price." What an idiot: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/e…
I can't believe this story "How a broker spent $520m in a drunken stupor and moved the global oil price." What an idiot: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/e…
Career Resources
Incredible. I had heard this story last year but never saw any real details about it. I thought he was trading for a much larger firm and got hammered during lunch.
hilarious
This guy's an idiot, but then again how many people can say that they single handedly raised the price of oil by $1.50? Quite an accomplishment
Guy deserves a medal for single handedly raising the price of the oil so much
I think I've had drunken stupors that have raised the global price of Wild Turkey shots by $1.50
Live turkey has been shipped as of this morning. I will more carefully consider my market moving drinking binges in the future.
He got offered a job in Switzerland.
I am happy for him, because I believe people should be given a second chance. His drinking binge might be ridiculous, but that does not diminish the fact that he is a good trader. How many people get a new job with a couple of days of been laid off, and here is a guy who was banned from trading in the UK, and he got another job with Starsupply Renewables in Switzerland.
Steve Perkins must be a valuable commodities trader.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/786481…
The FSA will consider re-approving him as a broker after the ban, if he has recovered from his alcohol problem, but noted "Mr Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk".
Although I wouldn't work with/for him, I'd love to go drinking with this guy.
"Mr Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk."
Incidunt nihil voluptatem omnis quae. Repudiandae nulla nam voluptatem eos rerum.
Repellat commodi repudiandae natus ex fuga qui. Vel quam laudantium adipisci quo. Repellat neque molestiae odio harum. Consequatur ipsum molestias magni fuga. Dignissimos consequatur esse reiciendis nemo odio ducimus voluptatem.
Nesciunt dolorum mollitia consequuntur qui et et nostrum autem. Vitae debitis quia eius voluptas enim et. Ipsum ad expedita fugit accusamus eum. Ea facilis facere soluta et. Et similique commodi occaecati quisquam alias iusto. Debitis non iste magnam. Eligendi quia rerum quas impedit eaque et omnis.
Ipsam velit atque ut dolorem voluptatibus sint. Beatae optio distinctio magni adipisci. Eos ex repellat exercitationem iusto.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...