Trading Assistant Global Desk in the Balkans, is it a good opportunity?, exit opportunities?
Just graduated from my masters in Finance in France and I got an interview to work as a Trading Assistant in the Global Desk in a German company in Bulgaria . I am wondering what exit opportunities can I have after few years of experience in this and if the fact of working in Bulgaria can make it difficult to find a job in Western Europe after 4-5 years. I also wonder, is this job a mix of soft and technical skills?. I would love to work in financial markets analysis or equity research but this job is more client focus, not sure if this experience can be useful for investmenet banking. I check linkedln and some people work as fund managers after this experience, others moved to commodities trading, both look like good paths to me.Any advice?
This is the job description:
To best assist our customers, we offer you the following opportunities:
- Relevant training and onboarding into transfers, tax, corporate actions, trading venues, market abuse, amongst others;
- Paid education package and the opportunity to go for the CFA certification;
- Access to the Percipio platform with unlimited training you can do at your pace and time.
Your assistance to customers will be amongst the following topics:
- As a trading assistant you will translate the client's requests to the various departments that are responsible for the daily operations;
- You will assist our customers during the entire customer lifecycle, starting from the moment they become prospects until the moment they are fully using their accounts (onboarding, KYC and EDD);
- When customers are fully ready to invest their assets, you will assist them with the platform, corporate actions, transfers (pension, portfolio, and money), trading disputes, the risk model, amongst many others;