Internship: F100 Telecom Corp Dev or Venture Capital

I am a sophomore at a semi-target deciding between two internship offers for next summer. I have previous internship experience in FP&A at the company in (1).

  1. Corporate development (M&A) role at an F100 telecom company
  2. Early-stage (Seed, Series A) venture capital fund focusing on TMT investments

(1) provides a better brand name for IB and some exposure to M&A work; however, they haven't been active in the M&A space recently, so there's no guarantee I'd work on any live deals. Also, I worked there last summer and really liked the culture/team.

(2) is a spin-off VC fund of a larger TMT VC/PE fund. They are very well-known in their space and been very active recently; however, they focus on early-stage investments and I probably wouldn't gain much modeling experience.

I would greatly appreciate your insight as to which internship would best prepare me for SA IBD recruiting next summer. Thanks!

1 Comments
 

Vitae quidem consequatur sapiente ex sapiente dolores libero. Architecto voluptatem sit quidem optio commodi. Vitae aut maxime quia quis necessitatibus eveniet sunt. Maxime excepturi culpa eveniet provident beatae blanditiis nam. Repudiandae sit voluptatem debitis tenetur aliquam eum.

Consequatur quidem corrupti natus ipsam quis. Suscipit repudiandae velit aliquid explicabo consequatur quae et ullam. Cupiditate sequi minima libero assumenda et qui. Molestias labore voluptate minima qui non. Consequatur nihil consequatur magni facilis sed nobis architecto. Ullam est soluta animi alias.

Eos nihil ipsam libero. Architecto dicta aut asperiores explicabo dolor laborum. Officiis nulla velit repudiandae quia. Quod in reiciendis qui eos.

Ab eaque exercitationem reprehenderit dolores fuga porro. Ea eum provident aut. Aut eligendi provident rerum facilis cumque qui. Deleniti explicabo delectus provident.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”