2014 book list thread
Alright, so this year I plan on reading a couple of books to increase my general knowledge. Here are my recommendations. I also have some books that I want to read but dont know what they are called so hoping someone in the community can help me out :)
I will give it ago anyway if i get time away from the CFA books..
Anyway here are the books I want to read:
1) Sophies World - Fiction book on Philosophy.. introduces me to all the main players in philosophy with an interesting story. I hear that its a little hard to read and with my attention span, it will probably take me a year..
2) A short history on nearly everything - book on science that explains everything simply.
What I want to read (help please with book titles):
1) I want a history book that simply tells me about everything from aztecs to roman empire to napoleon and french war to US civil war to world war 1 and 2.. I just want to know everything about whatshappened in the past because I am too ignorant. I want this in one book and for it to be simple.
2) Economic history - I want to know about every single bubble in history and stock market crash and why it happened... including japanese real estate bubble and why japan is now in a 20-year glut (even though the Nikkei increased over 52% last year)...
3) any really good business books that you have read - please provide brief description.