2014 Major League Baseball Opening Day

Let's have a little fun on Opening Day (for most teams). Clean slate for everyone right now.

Use this format and fill in the blanks:

Team: __________
Why they could win the WS this year: _______________

----

I'll start:

Team: Atlanta Braves
Why they could win the WS this year: With 2 of our best pitchers out for the season we need to have big offensive numbers to help take the pressure off of the depleted pitching staff. If this happens we could win it all.

Team: Orioles

Why the will win the WS: Arguably best offense in the AL and stellar defense Why they won't: AL East

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Team: Tigers

Why: Healthy Cabby, Verlander is still awesome and so is Scherzer (sp?) as well as no Papa Grande to ruin any lead they have. No Prince, but we have Kinsler instead. A solid rest of the line up as well.

make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier

If it were any sport other than baseball it would be a terrible terrible idea. Seeing as how it is baseball and the chance of reinjury, especially as a 1st baseman now, is low, I think it will pan out to be a good deal overall.

It's almost like one of the reasons why Facebook bought WhatsApp. Would you rather pay a higher price for Cabby now, or end up playing against him in a couple years?

There was a huge stats analysis on him and the price of wins vs. how many many wins he is expected to generate for the rest of his career and on an average case he is worth the price of the contract. Anything better than average and the Tigers make out on the deal.

make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier

Haha I hear ya...he's a real gem for the media, but hopefully he can stay focused on the game. I believe Puig will be solid player in the bigs, but I don't yet see the "spectacular" talent that the Dodgers organization did when they gave him the $42M deal.

Royals

Moustakas needs to actually show up. Butler needs to hit like 2012, not 2013. Alex Gordon...a solid player, but what a disappointment. He was supposed to be George Brett. All the young hitting pieces are there. Perez, Hosmer, Cain, etc... Fingers crossed on Shields and Guthrie. Maybe Ventura is for real. Pitching is the key.

Projection: More disappointment

@"happypantsmcgee" @"Scott Irish" @"Stryfe" @"Ipso facto" you are all still alive, wanted to bump this thread in lieu of starting a new one for the postseason.

for anyone who's followed me, I'm a die hard O's fan, and was ecstatic to find Natty Boh on the shelf at my local grocer (remember, I'm no longer in the mid atlantic), let's go birds!

I stand by my words because there's no logical explanation. The NLCS is totally trolling the rest of the NL this year.

I would tell you I'm rooting for the AL this year (I love Camden Yards btw), but I'm guessing that in a few years, the Giants will regress to a perennial 4th place team so I have to get it while the gitting is good.

Nam blanditiis voluptas molestiae corporis dicta voluptatibus eos recusandae. Fugiat animi commodi voluptatem sequi nisi.

Eaque aut in et aperiam eos non reiciendis. Quia voluptas commodi eos ipsam similique et. Aliquam quia minima ipsum debitis similique tempora non. Ipsam aut sunt inventore assumenda omnis voluptas. Corrupti voluptas et et vel natus rem esse.

Veritatis culpa consequatur labore. Recusandae dolores unde optio ea sed. Rerum natus iste iusto eum quam. Rerum aperiam non non quia sint eum vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”