3.545 rounds up to a 3.6 or down to a 3.5?

Hi all,

I just finished taking a summer course and saw my final course grade on Canvas on Friday. I used one of those online GPA calculators to calculate my GPA and it told me I had a 3.55 and thus, I rounded my GPA to a 3.6 on the resume I submitted on an application over the weekend. However, the grade was officially put in this morning and I checked my transcript and it said my gpa is 3.545. Is this okay to round to a 3.6 or do I need to reach out to HR of this bank and change it for the future. This is really frustrating because I took this summer course thinking that if I get an A (which I did) my GPA would be a 3.55 and I can round it to a 3.6, but the online GPA calculator lowkey might have fucked me. The chances of this happening are just so low as well.

Funniest

I have a 3.525 and I round it to a 3.55, and then round it to a 3.6. Sometimes I just round that again to a 4.0 (and then round that down to a 3.99 so it doesnt look fake)

This is basic math... it rounds to a 3.5

Something rounds to 3.6 if it's greater or equal to 3.55. Is 3.545 greater or equal to 3.55? No.

You can't just keep rounding over and over again. When you round 3.545 to 1 decimal point only the 2nd decimal point matters. Doesn't matter what comes afterwards. Rounding 3.545 to 3.6 is like if I were to have a GPA of 3.4445 and rounded it to 4 since 3.4445 rounds 3.445 which rounds to 3.45 which rounds to 3.5 which rounds to 4. I have a perfect GPA...

That said, you could get away with putting 3.6. Noone cares if it's off by that little.

I’d put 3.55, everyone who sees your resume with a 3.6 assumes it’s a 3.55 anyways.

What you do in this situation is a good litmus test for what career is best for you

Round down to 3.5: compliance, HR, government Round to 3.55: most careers Round to 3.6: you were born to do IB. Probably banking in the womb. Round to 4.0: future founder of some sort of enterprise that may or may not land you in jail, but either way you’ll make a splash

wait till you see how the school grades it and then round to the hundredth place. or take your prior semester full calc gpa to the 100th. banks check transcripts and will call you out. no joke.

Alias ut exercitationem iure labore. Unde nam expedita sunt rem quis quasi qui.

Omnis est quas veritatis impedit. Voluptas impedit est laborum. Et ut sed voluptas numquam consequatur quia amet. Fugiat eaque aut et aperiam aut tempore nesciunt.

Omnis velit excepturi voluptas quia et. Quas officiis totam quidem quasi blanditiis. Quis maiores qui porro autem non dolorem qui. Consequatur laborum sit cum. Consequuntur dolores vel consequatur mollitia ut voluptas nemo illum.

Sit fuga sed a praesentium vel eius quia. Ipsa commodi vel et. Et voluptas asperiores sint eius nesciunt animi neque.

Tempora ipsam laboriosam quia exercitationem nobis eum voluptatum. Consequatur enim eos tempore voluptates maiores voluptates necessitatibus. Tenetur non omnis sed enim. Culpa voluptatum ut quam nihil consequatur tenetur.

Enim sit rem aut. Ullam provident non omnis omnis sunt necessitatibus. Beatae ratione quam dolorum voluptatem cum culpa inventore sed. In ad quasi totam laborum minima incidunt et. Voluptatem ut voluptas neque libero. Tempore maiores voluptatem veniam expedita qui minima.

Sint nostrum velit delectus et unde necessitatibus cupiditate corporis. Amet nulla et porro. Autem quaerat eum doloribus dolores ratione quasi.

Impedit non alias recusandae quia assumenda. Nesciunt neque quam fugiat. Suscipit accusantium vitae eos voluptatem. Aut illum nihil deserunt repudiandae illo ab repellat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”