Admitted to Imperial College Business School MSc Finance and LSE MSc Finance for 2019 intake! Which one would you recommend?

Hi,

I received my offer from Imperial College Business School today. Is the course worth it and what are the prospects after graduation? I have also applied to LSE MSc Finance but have not heard back yet. I am an Armenian national and I am trying to see what are the odds of getting a visa and staying in the UK or Europe and work there.

Update: I also received my offer from LSE. Which school would you recommend and why?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (19)

Feb 12, 2019 - 6:51am
Rthur:

Hi,

I received my offer from Imperial College Business School today. Is the course worth it and what are the prospects after graduation? I have also applied to LSE MSc Finance but have not heard back yet. I am an Armenian national and I am trying to see what are the odds of getting a visa and staying in the UK or Europe and work there.

can you pls share your credentials? I've applied to the same programmes (no reply yet)

Feb 14, 2019 - 1:26pm
Rthur:

I am Armenian. Have graduated from American University of Armenia BA in Business with a GPA of 3.91/4. I had a few internships during my studies and received a GMAT score of 760. I received my offer from LSE today as well.

Remarkable profile mate.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Feb 15, 2019 - 9:39am
Rthur:

Hi,

Obviously go for LSE. Imperial is a great school, with good placement, but it is not LSE/LBS/Oxbridge.
Feb 15, 2019 - 10:24am

Congrats on the offer! Do you mind sharing your application timeline? I've also applied to Imperial BS in December and a final answer is still pending (response deadline is a week from today)

Feb 15, 2019 - 2:10pm

That's because you need to speak the local language in order to work in the investment banking/management consulting in Asia (unless you're in the middle/top management, then there are many spots for expats). I'm not sure about Hong Kong but Singapore is probably the only country in East Asia/South East Asia where you can get by with just English fine:

Unless OP is proficient in Japanese/Mandarin/Korean/whatever, staying in London will be his best bet.

Feb 15, 2019 - 2:26pm

I got into Imperial's more specialized Master's program (Climate change, management and finance) and I have 2 years of experience (small valuation shop). Would I need to recruit for graduate type of roles or experienced hires? Also does the major matter given that I have finance experience?

Feb 15, 2019 - 5:54pm
balmainmaybegucci:

I got into Imperial's more specialized Master's program (Climate change, management and finance) and I have 2 years of experience (small valuation shop). Would I need to recruit for graduate type of roles or experienced hires? Also does the major matter given that I have finance experience?

in which field?

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

August 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (36) $363
  • Associates (210) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (121) $152
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $146
  • Intern/Summer Associate (102) $144
  • 1st Year Analyst (449) $132
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (358) $82