I'm new to the WSO community and received an email to do an AMA. I'll be honest, I rarely open myself up to anyone in person, much less online. But, I do this in the spirit of paying it forward. Hopefully my journey can help others in this community.
- BS in Accounting from a state college (not elite in any way).
- 4 years in Big 4 (TBH, I loved my time here.)
- Highlight: Dabbled in Tax and Advisory. Also passed the CPA while here.
- 3.5 years as an Army officer (I would have never guessed I would have been jumping out planes and helicopters!)
- Highlight: Learned how to lead from the front.
- Accepted into a Top 10 MBA program (Class of 2021)
- Highlight: Deciding between consulting and an FLDP
Ask me anything
Down to answer anything Big4, CPA, Army, Airborne, and MBA related.
WSO Podcast: Big 4 Accounting -> Army Officer -> Top MBA
Member @Rogue_Pogue_Monkey shares his story from making it to the Big 4, the struggles of passing the CPA and how he got promoted. Learn why everything changed, why he decided to join the army and what happened when he collided into the parachute of another officer at 900 feet. Hope you enjoy (listen below).