Blackstone Ventures, any news on BX VC fund since 2017Q1 Earnings Call Comments?

Title pretty much.

I was wondering if Blackstone has started building out its team for the venture capital fund they mentioned on their 2017 Q1 Earnings call (alongside the Infrastructure fund they mentioned that they have started building out)?

https://www.axios.com/blackstone-is-expanding-into-vc-and-infrastructure-1513301766-e9623547-a464-4fcc-a42c-64eaf3450232.html

Are they still in the fundraising process, or are they re-evaluating whether to go into VC at all or not?

Hi Wreak Peace, the silence is deafening, sorry about that.... Any of the threads below helpful?

• Venture Capital AMA: Current Early stage VC fund MP, Ex- Top 3 Chinese VC fund analyst, Chinese VC investment advisor. I have written a few post thus far for WSO on angel investing and beginner VC. But I'm sure ...
  • AMA: I’ve held Pre-MBA MM LBO, Growth Equity and Venture Capital investment roles for funds with $500M+ AUM to $5B+ AUM interests you most afterwards. Happy to answer questions on the following topics: Venture Capital vs. Growth ... but promise replies to everyone. Bambino AMA private equity growth equity venture capital buyside to ... banking and was instead hired out of undergrad as an analyst at a fund. I've worked at several firms ...
  • 2017 Hedge Fund Report: 8 Key Takeaways The 2017 Hedge Fund Industry Report compiled by Wall Street Oasis (WSO) provides insight on ... 2017. Interview Statistics- Hardest & Best Key Observation 2: Blackstone, AQR Capital Management, ... based on 1,800+ user submissions from the hedge fund industry. The report includes data from 2015, 2016 ...
  • AMA: Venture Capital Co-Founding Partner gain knowledge on particular areas in finance, specifically IB, PE, and VC related. I believe it is ... call to receive more info on the deal, then submit a preliminary valuation (IOI), then eventually press ... I got put on a job to work with the firms new fund of funds division on early stage investments. At this ...
  • Venture Capital Sucks putting yourself at an inherent disadvantage, or is Siegel just full of crap? venture capital VC ... venture capital as a whole. I believe venture capital is broken, both for LPs and entrepreneurs. While the ... venture-capital landscape is changing, the sales narrative remains the same: We are the smart, experienced, ...
  • Blackstone Strategic Partners- thoughts? leveraged buyout, real estate, venture capital, mezzanine, distressed securities and fund of funds ... ." Any thoughts on this gig at the analyst level? blackstone ... working in the secondary private equity industry. Strategic Partners manages funds with approximately ...
  • Venture Capital Salary versus BB and Private Equity all would be much appreciated. venture capital Salary compensation to Tuesday, December 19, 2017 ... about taking. It is a VC role at a top-tier firm. I'm being directly hired as an associate (so ... low. I'll basically be making a little less than 100K on an annual basis. I know that this is ...
  • More suggestions...

No promises, but thought I'd mention a few relevant users that work in the industry: LBOMG1 Marc-De Backer Padmashri

Hope that helps.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Veniam qui est nisi et impedit. Similique accusamus explicabo maxime perferendis soluta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”