I've spent ten years as an officer in the air force, and while I've enjoyed my job I'm really looking to do something else. I've always been interested in quant funds specifically, and I do think I have a good enough understanding of math and technology to succeed working there. However, I do have a few questions.
- Should I get an MBA? Currently I have a b.s and m.s in math from a top school, so I'm not sure if I should add an MBA before applying?
- If I were to be applied, would I start at the bottom rung of the hierarchy? Might be wishful thinking, but I hope I might get something of a promotion because of my previous experiences.
- Any other advice?
Thanks in advance.
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.