Chances for top MSF programs-Good GMAT from Non-target
I'm a rising senior at Fordham and I wish I can get a career in or other quantitative roles. Could anyone tell me my chances to get in top MSF programs? I'm considering the Master of Financial Economics program at Columbia, in quantitative finance at Fordham, MSF at MIT. For some personal reason I don't really want to leave New York, but I'm open to top schools in Northeast.
- Foreigner from China and came to the US 3 years ago. Almost no accent in English (lots of American friends said that)
- GPA: 3.56 out of 4
- Finance major, specialization in alternative investments. I know my undergraduate curriculum is not very quantitative, but I'm planning to take more advanced math class next semester and self-study VBA and other programming language this summer.
- GMAT: 740 (50Q 88%, 39V 89%)
- Speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, and a little German
- English teacher volunteer in Nepal
- Newsletter writer for alternative investments club at school
- Chief of magazine at high school; financially self-sufficient magazine and I successfully found ad sponsor and turned the magazine into profit.
- Drummer of a band (We had two shows last year in bars in Williamsburg)
Internship experience: (no full-time experience)
- Research intern at a boutique RE investment firm
- Broker intern at a stock brokerage
- Market research intern at a global commercial real estate firm