Hey guys, new to the community, and looking for some advice. I'm hoping to go to either McCombs or Rice for my MBA, but I haven't taken the GMAT yet. My profile is as follows:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, large state school in TX
- 3.7 GPA / magna cum laude
- Hispanic (edit: half hispanic, look white but have the hispanic last name etc.)
- 3 years Oil & Gas experience
- EC: Mentor to underprivileged middle school student; head of one of the subcommittees at my current company; volunteer for various organizations in the Houston area
- Career goals: Consulting or IB
- Looking to matriculate in 2020 (will have 5.5 years WE)
Just trying to get some input from you guys - how are my odds of getting into these schools given the limited information I have so far (i.e. no GMAT yet)? Obviously, I will be shooting for 700+ on the GMAT, but there are no guarantees there.
Apologies in advance if I left out any critical information.