Congrats to IlliniProgrammer, 2011 WSO Member of the Year

He buys suits from JC Penneys, he's a MSD, he's a die-hard frugalosophist, but as UFOinsider put it, "At the end of the day, he still adds more value to this site than you." And since IP won "everyone gets a free $1 off coupon for a 1.5 L bottle of Yellowtail"

We also have to give a BIG congratulations to CompBanker who finished a very close second in the race (IP 149, CB 138). CB was winning until I adjusted the poll to IP vs CB straight-up (and until CB got tired of making fake accounts to vote ;), so it easily couldve ended either way.

A huge debt of gratitude is owed to you guys and to the other top monkeys out there who have made a solid contribution to WSO over the past year; the site wouldn't be what it is without you and we really appreciate all that you have done. THANK YOU!!

Below are links to some of their forum posts from the past year, but the majority of IP/CB's contributions comes from their comments in threads. There was a homage to IP back in April but feel free to give some more monkey love / SB's in the comments below, or even better buy em a drink if you are lucky enough to meet up with them someday.

A few of of IP's posts over the last year:
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/the-affluent-get-t…
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/blankfein-and-gold…

//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/bill-gross-raise-m…

CB:
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/graduating-into-a-…
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/happy-thanksgiving…
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/best-place-to-netw… (from late 2010)
//www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/how-i-got-into-ban… (from way back in '06, but one of WSO's highest ranked posts of all time)

Btw I'll be in touch with both of you guys about your prizes, IP some 10% off coupons to Mens Wearhouse and CB a shirt from our apparel store - I recommend the very popular "Bankers Do it With Models" one :)

Brady4MVP:
As someone who knows IP personally, this is well deserved. He's a great guy, the paragon of midwestern humility, frugality, and virtue. He's the antithesis of the excesses of NYC and is the true embodiment of what made America great.
IP, you should put this on your resume.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Thanks everyone! Also big props to CompBanker as well as ANT, Monty, Midas, Eddie, (who stayed out of the race but would have crushed us), et. all. All have made huge contributions to the forums this year.

Obviously this was a very close race, but if I am out next year, it looks like Comp is the clear favorite.

I intend to spend my winnings on PBR, repairing rusty hondas, and on buying yellowtail coupons.

If you would like to get a $1 off coupon for Yellowtail, please buy it, save your receipt, and bring it to the next WSO meetup where I will reimburse you.

What a hilarious post! You might enjoy pairing Rockbrook Cellar Merlot with Freezer Queen's Broccoli with Cheese Sauce. Simply lovely.

It'll only cost you $4, not to mention the medical savings you'll realize by dying at 54.

I rich, smarts, and totally in debt.

Best Response

Congrats IP, a fierce opponent for sure! I've certainly enjoyed your contributions throughout the year.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Cumque enim ipsum unde aut vero velit nam. Quia commodi sint quia et. Soluta officia sit ea sunt. Odit ipsum voluptatem sit qui adipisci nobis. Similique hic quibusdam accusamus est sequi. Iste sit recusandae nulla illo.

"All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."

Exercitationem et quia qui. Rem nobis impedit consectetur laudantium. Quam est alias in ut et rerum exercitationem. Id molestiae quo voluptatem alias aut enim. Cum quae vel consequatur sint nulla et.

Eos inventore quas ea nobis. Ut sit molestiae ut.

Enim animi dolores quam. Eius voluptatem accusantium delectus. Ipsa labore tempora temporibus reprehenderit nihil numquam. Qui aut expedita sed consequatur. Placeat voluptas cumque neque illo vero et.

Recusandae omnis dolores itaque molestiae reprehenderit sed. Explicabo ipsam aliquam cumque impedit voluptatem consectetur blanditiis. Porro rerum illo officiis molestiae non id fuga. Voluptatem mollitia hic sunt assumenda. Eum quibusdam tenetur voluptas voluptatum repellat qui porro. Doloribus accusantium optio iure qui ut eveniet est perferendis.

Metal. Music. Life. www.headofmetal.com

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”