Comments (26)

Jul 11, 2019

Bump. Also curious.

Jul 11, 2019

They have been growing in the middle market, with HC as one of the strongest groups. A lot of the deals they do are ECM so IPO's and follow on offerings, but they have been expanding in M&A. I hear it is a solid bank overall.

Sep 4, 2019

This is spot on. Spoke to people there recently and they pretty much said this word for word, especially with regards to expanding M&A.

Jul 11, 2019

My friend had a 2020 SA interview with their healthcare group this week and praised the culture and deal flow.

"Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry."

Jul 11, 2019

SF or NY?

Jul 11, 2019

NY

Jul 11, 2019

Jul 24, 2019

Anyone know if non target recruiting is separate? Has anyone heard anything lately regarding NYC or regional offices

Jul 24, 2019

NYC has been rolling for a month+ now (non-target)

Jul 24, 2019

when was the last superday? how many spots open

Jul 24, 2019

I'm non target and had a superday in SF yesterday

Jul 24, 2019

Is it too late to apply?

Jul 24, 2019

I've heard only good things. If you like healthcare and biotech, it is one of the top shops to be at. They are on tons of IPOs and work with some pretty cool companies, and their M&A practice is growing. Seems like a great bank.

Jul 24, 2019

Improving reputation. Has been really trying to build out an M&A platform to compliment its ECM franchise.

Poached some interesting MDs from Stifel, Lazard, BBs, (DCM team), etc. and made a sizable acquisition of LMM bank Quarton to build out sell side.

Chicago office is run by an ex-BB, BMO MD and Industrials/Transpo focused. Houston I assume is energy but no insight there.

Jul 24, 2019

I am pretty positive that super days are by group. I know there was a super day last week for tech in SF

Most Helpful
Jul 30, 2019

Does anybody know that status of 2020 recruiting for Chicago office?

Aug 11, 2019

Has anyone heard back from Cowen?

Aug 19, 2019

Cowen is a great name in healthcare and biotech. Their biggest offices for those industry groups are NYC and SF. They're also making really big moves in the cannabis industry. They see a vast amount of growth in that industry and it's a great revenue stream as some of the larger banks are "too traditional" to enter that industry. Chicago is M&A and pretty much just that, more industrial focused. They acquired a bank that specializes in M&A. Houston is Oil & Gas, same as most banks. Are you all asking about FT or SA? SA you get some input into your desired industry or product group. There's a networking event and you tell them your top industries and then you meet with the teams to see which is the best fit. The teams will pick who they think will be the best fit. This varies by office though. Some have less industry diversity. FT you're pretty much assigned to a group, but there is plenty of mobility down the road if you pay your dues.

I think I did this right

Oct 25, 2019

Houston is mainly Cannabis ECM now.

Aug 20, 2019

Culture and people are stellar. HR is willing to help at every step.

Array

Sep 4, 2019

Any news on SA Chicago?

Nov 12, 2019

Can anyone provide any insight on the Cowen super day?

Nov 12, 2019
Comment
Nov 12, 2019