Decision Point: MBA -> MBB -> F500 or Stay as a Back Office VP at a Bulge Bracket vs OtherSubscribe
Posting this in Consulting rather in B-School because I am more concerned about Consulting Exit ops rather than MBA process.
2012 Kelley - Finance and Econ ( 3.25 GPA)
Recently promoted to Vice President of Data Science at a Buldge Bracket making similar to first year MBA pay.
Accepted to Cornell Johnson MBA , waitlisted at Ross (Dinged: Columbia, Wharton, Yale, Haas, Tuck, Booth, Northwestern, MIT)
0. Stay in current role, reasonably hit SVP in 2 years
1. Senior Manager, Business Analyst Track F500 (on the table)
2. Manager, Accenture Tech (on the Table)
3. Consultant, Deloitte S&O (on the table)
4. Continue trying for a post MMB post MBA consultant role
5. pursue Cornell MBA, then MBB, then F500 exit
6. Defer Cornell, Try Columbia (was offered interview) and MIT again
7. Exec MBA later
1. Does leaving VP at a BB make sense? Title wise and so forth?
2. Are exit ops for Consulting ops worth it? is the mbb "stamp" worth the time away/cost?
3. Where would I likely end up after consulting?
4. If exited to strategy at f500, don't most give shoved down to ops anyway?
What would you do or try?