Did not land a summer internship? Now what? (London edition)
Seen posts of people who have not landed a and wanted to give tips and places to look at.
Here are some places that are actively recruiting for Summer Analyst and other positions:
- Lazard hiring for PCA
- AnaCap (through SEO)
- SEO announced today that they will announce 3-4 PE OC at Hayfin, Apax, Permira
- https://trkr.app/campaign/millennium-capital-part…- -intern-programme-london/
- https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/vi… (Female insight, not a summer)
- TigerRisk Partners - they published 6 months ago but have just started to look into candidates but still looking for candidates
- SEI Wealth Platform (SWP)
If you want to work for startups, VC, and do projects for companies:
- https://workinstartups.com/job-board/jobs/interns/ (One of the best sites, check frequently)
- https://www.diversity.vc/jobs/ (they sometimes upload internship)
- https://www.sainoo.com/jobs (super place)
Another option is to cold email companies, this is often for smaller boutiques. Here is a template I used, it is far from perfect but worked for me:
My name is (insert full name) and I am currently a 2nd year BA Economics student at (insert university).
I came across your profile through my university alumni network (or any bs reason) and saw that you are currently working at X (insert bs here). I am currently seeking an internship in X (name field/position you are applying) and would like to express an interest in an unpaid internship this summer. I have attached my resume and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
As mentioned, not the best draft but keep it short and concise. Send it to 50-60 places and if you do not land a summer then something is wrong with your personality or resume. An important point to remind yourself is that it is crucial to reflect and improve your resume from the previous year if you are planning to re-apply to a summer internship.
Example places of where you can cold email:
If there is anything I missed or other positions that feel free to comment and I will edit the post.