Differences between sell-side and buyside equity research for an asset manager?
What are the differences in work/life balance, prestige, pay, and career progression between sell-side and buyside? It seems that AM is much more desirable at the likes of T. Rowe, Fido, Wellington than at an AM arm of a BB - why is this?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+101 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I'm a lot more ambitious than people around me and how I just can't relate with them because they have no aspirations, don't plan long term, etc.(I go to a non-target state school) It got me thinking about why I'm so professionally focused and want to get into a top firm and...+51 by timr23 in OFF
- I'll start. Mine is more or less James Franco, but backwards. Woah, genius. I know. It took me a while to come up with this one.+43 by famejranc in OFF
- What is the one part of finance fashion that you would like to see gone? Gaudy loafers? Thick pinstripe suits that should be relegated to the 80s?+35 by TallWhenStandingOnWallet in FASH
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Title says it all. Would be interesting to get a poll going including firm size (bb/mm/etc) and sector.+18 by SomePleb in ER
- Any other Philly Eagles fans on this board? What are your thoughts on this looming Wentz-Foles situation? Personally, I think they should keep both. But after 2019, they need to pay Wentz something like $30mm a year which drastically changes the current cap space from where it is now. My...+16 by iBankedUp in OFF
With year end reviews coming up, I'm wondering if I can tell my boss that I denied an offer to leave my current job. I denied an opportunity to get a ~40% raise, so I feel like I could potentially get my current employer to pay me more or at least get brownie points for loyalty....+15 by Jerome Powell in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jan16WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed Jan 16th, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EST Toronto
- Jan17WSO London Meet Up: Thur 1/17, 18:30, Vintry Pub1:30 EST London
- Jan17WSO Boston Meet Up: Thur 1/17, 630-830pm, Durty Nelly's6:30 EST Boston,, MA
- Jan17WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 1/17, 7-10pm, 5th and Mad Bar 7:00 EST New York, NY
- Jan17WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 1/17, 630-830pm, IO Godfrey7:30 EST Chicago, , IL