EMEA FIG ECM and M&A League Tables 2020 & 2019

Could any of you share how banks are doing this year in EMEA regarding mainly to FIG ECM and or to FIG M&A, this year has been quite volatile and would like to know who have taken advantage prior to deciding where should I try to recruit for next cycle

Long shot here, thanks in advance!

Most Helpful

Mergermarket

Rank HouseValue (EUR M) No. of Deals

1Morgan Stanley69,966

2Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC64,750

3Credit Suisse43,506

4Bank of America32,580

5JPMorgan31,629

6Rothschild & Co30,781

7Barclays27,358

8Citi22,128

9Evercore Inc.18,432

10Mediobanca S.p.A.13,080

Note that 31bn of this was driven by Aon Willis (GS,MS, CS advised; Mergermarket does not count BofA despite them getting a deal credit on Dealogic)

Can you please share the Healthcare ranking table. Thank you in advance

You could create another thread so people dont get confused and they can trace it

How does UBS / Barclays compare with GS/MS/JP/BofA when it comes to FIG? Do they have the same exit opps?

And is it GS FIG still the best team regarding exposure and exit opps in Europe?

Anyone could post how the league tables closed in 2020? Or does it remain the same as the one showed by Analyst 1?

FIG M&A, ECM or DCM?

Not a FIG guy at all, but from my understanding, it's hard to say who is the clear nr. 1/2/3 as each vertical is very different from each other (payments if even 100% under FIG, insurance, banks, asset managers and what not). It's a bit like categorising HC!

Maybe better if a FIG person comments, so take that with a grain of salt!

M&A 

I know there are a lot of verticals but I was told that we will not cover a particular vertical during the first year, so wanted to understand how my team at UBS / Barc is positioned compared with the big US banks in terms of exits 

How does UBS / Barclays compare with GS/MS/JP/BofA when it comes to FIG? Do they have the same exit opps?

And is it GS FIG still the best team regarding exposure and exit opps in Europe?

Anyone could post how the league tables closed in 2020? Or does it remain the same as the one showed by Analyst 1?

Will throw what I think based on my experience, Interned in FIG so whilst I can't directly comment, I know people in the team I interned with (GS/MS/JPM/BofA) have in the past left for HF / PE - some generalist, some FIG Specific (JC Flowers or FIG focus teams at likes of  Apollo, Blackstone etc.)  . Will caveat that you will need to do more work on conventional finance if trying to be generalist as you don't really see EBITDA outside of Fintech, Insurance Brokerages or AM/WM. 

GS FIG definitely has good exposure and I perceive it to have best exit opps too, but in terms of exits,   your experience will matter more, with more M&A leaning towards better opps especially for PE

Error inventore suscipit nihil et. Laboriosam nisi et rem voluptatem veniam tempore. Occaecati repudiandae et est perspiciatis facilis.

Velit ut velit tenetur atque debitis asperiores provident sit. Et quia ut esse corrupti suscipit dolorum. Omnis voluptate eos consequuntur aut odit consequatur qui non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”