Can confirm RBC (https://jobs.rbc.com/ca/en/job/RBCAA008844450/Global-Research-Summer-As…)

Citi and Barclays have something up

But it doesn't look like the other BBs have started yet...

Had trouble getting to JPM and MS research apps that were already open for North America

Can't login into the GS portal but they say applications will open July 1 (so it sounds to me like the extremely early recruiting I had heard of was primarily IBD)

BAML only accepting in Asia

Nothing at CS

Looks like DB is rolling back on American jobs

UBS - idk, but probably not given that the others haven't

Confirming on CS. They don't hire UG interns anymore (except maybe 1 or 2) because they shifted focus to MBA and CPA hires.

I don't get it. Does anyone understand the logic of this move? I thought UG hires are much cheaper

Created a 1-step skincare solution for men. Purchase + reviews appreciated: www.w34th.com

ER hires tend to be a little older in general. Not always but usually, you want to get someone with either a few years in industry or a few years in some sort of capital markets role. Otherwise, it's sort of like drinking from a firehouse as you have to become an industry expert and figure out how the ER business works at the same time.

Most Helpful

One thing to keep in mind is that ER doesn't recruit like IB so there's not necessarily cycles like banking where every year a new analyst needs to replace an old analyst. An ER associate typically lasts about 3 years with an analyst so you don't need someone on a regular basis. In ER, recruitment is more of an "as needed" basis except for the largest BBs which sometimes have more structured programs.

Also, another thing that plays into the lesser need for ER interns is the uselessness of the position. An IB intern can pretty much start contributing something to the team within the first week or two. By the time an ER intern has made it through one full earnings quarter, they are gone. So you spend three months training someone and never benefit from it. For the analyst, it's really a waste of time, and one of the reasons that you see so few openings for ER interns.

How do you guys recommend trying to get the actual internship? I was planning on sending out a pitch + model with my ask for an info interview to just alums who work in ER(sadly not a ton). Is that good? And then from there, try to make the ask about recruiting timelines?

Does sector matter as well? My pitch isn't going to match the sector of the vast majority of people who I'm networking with.

I personally wouldn't send a pitch/model. Just talk with them and hopefully they like you enough. I've found ER people to be super chill with a high response rate so you should be reaching out to non-alums as well.

Make sure to ask about the recruiting timelines on the call, yeah.

Sector doesn't really matter for the pitch, it's honestly better to have a stock not in the same sector. I honestly wouldn't expect them to ask you for a pitch during your first conversation but being prepared and practicing for interviews can't hurt.

Non rem aut vel asperiores itaque. Voluptate voluptates dolor voluptatem itaque dignissimos aperiam.

Impedit repellat sint perferendis nulla. Sapiente dolorem eaque sunt blanditiis minima. Quo molestiae et omnis et earum quis. Sint repellendus aliquam illo sit est voluptatibus.

Quo est est eligendi quibusdam culpa ut dolores. Cum repellat quam perferendis consequatur possimus. Dolor sequi qui harum saepe quibusdam. Aut sit assumenda non inventore unde non qui.

Commodi sit aspernatur velit quod dolore. Aut quam recusandae dolorem et aperiam dolor. Incidunt quod qui necessitatibus dolores ratione commodi. Nesciunt ea commodi iste nam dicta eum delectus placeat.

Doloremque assumenda aut consequatur doloribus aspernatur deleniti laudantium. Pariatur aut qui totam nesciunt. Quia quia quo eaque et harum. Illum quidem tenetur eos est at voluptatum. Quisquam incidunt veniam repellat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”