FT 2020 Thread

WallStJesus's picture

2020 SA recruiting is underway and I haven't seen a thread solely dedicated to 2020 FT analyst recruiting. I also haven't heard much regarding FT recruiting being accelerated at my target. However, I did see that Citi FT 2020 is open for PubFin/Muni IB which made me assume that we might be seeing an earlier process rather than a May/June start.

Please share any info!

Comments (15)

Mar 6, 2019

Qatalyst Partners opened as well

"Do you even know what ya EBITDA is?" - Paulie Walnuts Gualtieri

Funniest
Mar 7, 2019
WallStJesus:

Qatalyst Partners opened as well

Prepare for 10,000 applications.

Mar 8, 2019

Says its for "graduating seniors" though. Aren't most people recruiting for FT this year still juniors?

Mar 8, 2019

It is the year that you are next year. So position starts next year. Juniors will be seniors and will have graduated by then.

Most Helpful
Mar 8, 2019

That is ridiculous. People havent even started their internships.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 7, 2019

I concur. I wouldn't even want to interview someone like that. They aren't ready for it.

Mar 8, 2019

Notice how they are they only ones recruiting? No other FT apps are out there (and no one wants to do Public Finance at Citi)

Mar 7, 2019

I feel you, my profile hasn't changed a bit from when I applied for summer internship.

Mar 7, 2019

From someone who did FT recruiting: it is not going to be this early. This is not the structured SA process. Reputable banks went as late as October when I went through it, and it was very ad-hoc. Firms need to wait to see how their interns do and what the gaps they need to fill are. The earliest are the EBs and even they usually go in July or early August. This seems to come up every year and people spend months being antsy about when FT recruiting starts. I can tell you for a fact my BB will not do it earlier than September (if we even do it at all).

Apr 14, 2019

bump any new info?

Apr 15, 2019

+1 interested as well

Apr 15, 2019

Forgive me if I am wrong but when I did FT recruiting, I was told by the alumni and the HR that the main reason they opened it back up was because of some interns not getting returns or interns just declining the return offers which then freed up positions for Seniors in graduate programs, internal references, etc...

With that being said, wouldn't FT recruiting be closer to like august?

Mar 8, 2019

Deloitte CF opened up a few weeks ago.

Apr 24, 2019

I've seen this on my campus recruiting website as well.
It seems way too early to start this right?
They do not even know how many summer analysts will return.

Apr 14, 2019
Comment