This topic may seem a bit redundant, but I was curious if there was anything I could do to prepare myself for when I get out in the real world; any practical skills for management consulting I could try to master that will set me apart.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I've found finance to be completely unbearable.
The pay and career development is excellent but the level of work, expectations, and lack of control over your life is not worth any amount of pay.
Senior employees have no guts or real business skills, or they would have gotten the hell...+72 by donnyboy101 in IB
- I’ve been seeing lots of grass is greener envy on WSO and thought I could offer perspective.
I was all set to join a hedge fund post graduation, but the financial crisis put the brakes on that plan: the fund pulled out of my country, I took a job in big tech to ride...+46 by CuriousCharacter in OTH
- That time of year again. Banks have finished their fiscal year and should be close to payout time (BMO / RBC / others?)
Thought might be good to start a thread to see where comp is shaking out. I realize WSO has a database, but in an effort to keep things blinded and semi-real time lets post...+45 by AllBurnedUp in IB
- Whatsup Monkeys,
I thought it would be important for all college students to read my story and understand that ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE to get a job on the street coming from a Non-target school. I'm sorry if this post is long, I just have first-hand experience going through recruiting and I...+43 by TheWolfofWS in SCSS
- I'm a lot more ambitious than people around me and how I just can't relate with them because they have no aspirations, don't plan long term, etc.(I go to a non-target state school) It got me thinking about why I'm so professionally focused and want to get into a top firm and...+35 by timr23 in OFF
- I’m 6 weeks removed from receiving an offer at a UMM/MF – it was truly a thrilling experience. Now that I’m back into the swing of things at work, I thought I’d give back to the WSO community by providing a detailed walkthrough of my recruiting experience.
###Quick background about...+34 by embeebee in PE
- I am a freshman at a semi-target. My mom is friends with an MD at GS and she told him im pursuing a career in IB. He gave me his email and told me to reach out to him.
I realize he can’t instantly get me a job or internship. I just don’t know how to approach this email. I obviously want...+27 by AdderallMonkey in IB
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jan15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jan16WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed Jan 16th, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EST Toronto
- Jan17WSO London Meet Up: Thur 1/17, 18:30, Vintry Pub1:30 EST London