Got into University of Warwick Diploma + MSc in Economics. What should I expect and what should I aim for?
So I got into University of Warwick's Diploma + MSc Economics graduate program. I know this University is considered a target school for undergrad and that it is up and coming when it comes to economics.
I would like to pursue a career in Investment Banking and then go the usual path to the Buy side but in case that doesn't happen what kind of careers should I aim for that have similar pay or pay growth?
What societies/clubs should I join except finance and economics? What is the alumni like? I know the University has a great career center, is it true?
I have double citizenship EU & American if it matters.
I will reward a silver banana for thoughts, opinion, advice and other stuff.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+91 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Any new tips that could helpful is greatly appreciated. Some input on what to expect from your experience...+45 by DCF_king in IB
- Title says it all. I know that the intern making accumulated simple mistakes or if the intern just isn't a cultural fit they won't end up with a return offer.
Do you guys have any stories of single actions/events where an intern was instantly 'dinged'... like something...+43 by ctrl-z in IB
- *I'm sure so many of you are tired of seeing my name around here - but god damn this community is truly amazing.*
1. I graduated from a shitty high-school (Ranked 2/10 on Zillow).
2. I had a 2.6 GPA
3. I smoked weed (perfectly fine, but is just not for me) and was distracted,...+31 by champagnepaki in SCSS
- Just curious what the brilliant minds of WSO have to say about this. Obviously it's a good idea to pay down debt and not spend your money on a sports car, but also given the current interest rate environment - maybe it makes sense to pay down school debt slowly and invest all disposable...+26 by whatsapitchbook in OFF
- Hey everyone...sorry to take so long for part 3 of equity research vs. investment banking. For those who missed the first two parts, see the links below:
[Work/Life Balance: Equity Research Vs. Investment Banking - (A Definitive Guide, Part...+25 by NoEquityResearch in ER
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Hey guys, so I’m a non target who recently got an offer at a (Blair,Lokey,Jefferies) for 2019. I wrestled in high school and have always loved lifting and staying in shape. I’m a little worried about what my banking schedule is gonna be like next year and where I’ll be able to fit lifting...+20 by Joocy-Froot in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun19Podcast: Hack the entrepreneur -- John Nastor -- 6/19/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun20Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/20-6/228:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jun21Dallas WSO Meet Up - Thur June 21st, 730-10pm 3:30 to 6:00 EDT Dallas, TX