Looking for a bit of advice here.
I'm currently a MS finance student at Syracuse, graduating this May 2018. I have been applying for all types of positions since last August (analyst positions, associate positions, internships) with no interviews in sight. By checking my application status, I know I am making it past the computer pre-screens but not to any sort of interview beyond those hirevue video interviews. I have gone to all sorts of networking events, even was connected to a MD at one point via an analyst but never really heard back past the initial email.
Here's a bit more about me specifically:
- Transferred to SU as a junior and got a bachelor's in economics, 3.59 GPA
- Went straight from undergrad to my master's degree
- no job experience or internship experience
- no connections to the industry
- sat for CFA level 1 this past December, about to hear back about results
Does anyone have advice as to where to proceed from here? I know that's a broad question and the most obvious answers are network and keep applying -
There are a few companies that are still visiting- would those be worth participating in at this point?
Recruiters and career center employees have told me I should be applying for associate positions because they're Master's positions, but I feel I don't have the experience needed for that level. Is it better for me to stick to analyst positions?
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Will elaborate if anything needs clarification.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.