Just received 2 offers for IT Risk Consulting groups. One of em is with a Big 4, the other is a pretty new firm, but rapidly growing and well recognized as the legit members of a former Big 8(you should be able to figure it out) I am really having a hard time choosing, pay is similar, but culture is very different. Big 4 place is huge and seems like what typical corporate culture will be like. The smaller place only owns a floor in a building, however I would feel less like a number and more like a person. The environment was very friendly and promoting the worth of the people. My long term goals are to eventually get into a top business school. Both of these places would be in the corporate HQ, NYC.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+57 by CRE in OFF
- Associate in my mid-late twenties, my director is amazing - I just really like her. Maybe I'm telling you all because I can't tell anyone else.+57 by sadsoul90 in OFF
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+54 by Disjoint in JOB
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+54 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+43 by NovemberRain in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+39 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+33 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- I'm not far off into my career to have gone to one, but to those who have, how was it?
I'm assuming it's a lot of dudes flexing about their corporate success. Do you think that's a fair assessment?
To those with experience, any other insights? +29 by LeoSteel77 in OFF
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+26 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+20 by takenotes08 in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online