IB Best Offices - UPDATED 2018

Hi All,

More of a fun one: Hoping to get a list going as to the best/nicest office buildings for investment banks (ideally in NYC) and why you think they're desirable (amenities, layout, artwork(?), etc.).

I'm aware that a similar question has been asked before but figured we'd get an updated list going as banks change locations, make renovations, etc. Genuinely interested in having good physical office space, as it adds to the overall work environment.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

The top floor of 1580 Broadway is an executive dining room with some great views but yeah walking to the office I was maneuvering through crowds of Europeans... the women were well dressed and attractive tbh

"Truth is like poetry. And most people fucking hate poetry."

Most Helpful

BAML has a sick building, CS too (interior is nice). Barclays isn't great, neither is MS or DB. Centerview and Evercore have decent spots in midtown but they only have a few floors. Laz has nice offices in Rockefeller, but I personally don't like Rock. JPM has OK offices in midtown. Citi has a good location and will probably have the nicest interior once they finish renovating. Goldman is nice, but shit FiDi area location

Agreed with this one. CS is nice but the low dim lighting inside is just not for me. The MS and BMO offices are a nightmare with all the tourists. GS is nice but FiDi is a pain because buildings are all mega old and it can get pretty touristy in the summer. Everyone based moved their offices further uptown so its less desirable...

Toronto: BarCap - best office of any of the globals. weirdly pretty high up (North of 30th floor). In BAC TD - pretty nice, gonna be gross when renos and gym are finished Scotia - oddly high up. very nice views CS - in FCP. very nice office

Most of the other global investment banks are in BFP. very nice building

Facilis dolorem labore pariatur qui possimus quis. Velit omnis et inventore error maiores. Porro neque mollitia et. Et non dolore sequi quidem dolores est distinctio cum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”