I am a bit older 29 (will graduate December 2018) from Harvard University Extension School. I have great grades, alot of work experience in another industry, etc. "Most" of the people on Wall Street are only there because they come from affluent backgrounds, never had to struggle, parents paid for their private school, undegrad, have been socialized to the values of the upper or upper middle class etc. You the reader know this is 100% true. Please don't argue it. Anyway, i want to know depsite being very tenacious, having a really shitty upbringing, and not being socialized to the values of people at this level of the work force which is out of my control, will i be given a chance being good looking, and willing to make as much money for my boss or the firm as possible? Will hiring managers understand that it took me this long to get on this level and could not be further ahead as most of my peers are because i did not have the advantages they did? Thoughts?
Popular Content See all
- Post MBA IB associates, how did you know you could handle the life?+64IBby incomingmba2342
- What makes you happy?+47OFFby .................
- What’s The Weirdest Brag That You’ve Heard?+37OFFby ThatNonTargetGuy
- How to hedge a call option+30HFby Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
- How to deal with a narc at work?+24IBby Intern in IB - Gen
- London vs New York IB +22IBby leander1798
- How screwed are IB associates if they're laid off?+20IBby Teddy1999
- "Good investment thesis/argument" - where can one find these?+18PEby bb_monkey2018
- Need a Different Car+17OFFby Htownrr
- If you were to buy a franchise, which one would it be?+16OFFby jduggins
Leaderboard See all
Recent Jobs See all