Intern Advice: Financial Markets or Corporate Finance??
I'm currently deliberating between two internship programs from Standard Chartered. It is between Financial Markets and Corporate & Institutional Banking Clients &. Ultimately I would like to end up in a in investment banking. In peoples opinion, what would be the pros and cons of each program? And where would each likely lead down the road?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- So I go to a top school, so think Harvard, Yale, or Princeton. And coming in, I almost felt a sort of insecurity, because I thought that I would be up against the grinders whom I knew in high school, and against kids who went to the best boarding schools, which everyone knows prepare kids well....+60 by EarlFromUtah in OFF
- I’m genuinely curious as it seems like these type of posts have become the norm for the younger generation on LinkedIn, why do people post these? You’re not a 5 star football recruit I couldn’t care less which option you decided to pick and your thank you shade you throw at the companies...+52 by PEConsultant in JOB
- What technological advancements or updated social norms are you not following? I like to think I'm a pretty forward-thinking guy but I still always prefer to pay with a card/cash, over using Apple Pay on my phone.
What are you old-fashioned about?+47 by GingerGuy in OFF
- Ah, **Bill Gates**.
Growing up, William Henry Gates III was the kid you loved to hate:
With an IQ of 160, a today’s dollars-trust fund worth north of $20mm, AND politically connected parents, he was smarter than you, richer than you, and had a brighter future.
*But hey, you were...+23 by CuriousCharacter in AM
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Since most women in clubs are just looking for one night stand/brief flings and IB girls have superiority/feminist complex. So where do you find those other wife type girls?+20 by jnhadekjs in OFF
- On-cycle PE recruiting is a nightmare. Your sense of self-worth becomes tied to a result that is ultimately out of your hands. Rejection is inevitable and crushing. Remember this is a small step in your career and working in private equity is not actually that sick. From my understanding,...+16 by banker832 in PE
- I've done research and spoke to a lot of people in the industry and it seems like the hours aren't that better at all from IB and the all in comp is roughly the same as in IB. So why does every second person in IB want to make the transition one day? The only thing I conclusion I could...+16 by DNMA82147 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Dec03Webinar: IB Summer Recruiting 101 -- 9pm ET, 12/3/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Dec05Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 12/5-12/78:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Dec10Webinar: PE Case - Paper LBO Best Practices -- 9pm ET, 12/10/189:00 to 10:00 EST Boston, MA
- Dec12Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Washington DC, 12/12-12/148:00 to 5:00 EST Online