I'm a very introverted guy who goes to a lot of networking events that are facilitated by my school, ULI, or local (North Texas) CRE industry groups. I work hard to become a better networker, but I'm not making much progress. I'm at a higher-end non-target that has an incredible CRE alumni network, so I'm wasting a lot of time and money if I can't take advantage of it.
For other monkeys who are/were introverts and learned to become successful networkers, I'd really like to hear your stories and some things that helped you go from the guy who stood to the side to the guy who worked the room.
Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+93 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Easy, non-controversial question.
I am expecting a clearcut winner to emerge.
Let the recommendations fly.+34 by HeadsetWorking in OFF
- Hey everyone,
My interviewer met up with my boss at a networking event and long story short the interviewer revealed I was interviewing at his firm.
My firm is likely to ask me to leave as they are very unhappy about it. Just wondering, how do you guys go about your job search to protect...+33 by wcfever in JOB
- I recently saw a topic asking users to share some of their biggest chokes in life, and thought I'd start a similar thread of my own. Any stories? I'll start with mine. It's not work related, but it is relationship related.
When I was about 15, my older sister, who was a...+29 by buzzkillington in OFF
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- Currently working around 60-70 hours in asset management and am putting in around 20-30 hours outside of work trying to grow a software company. I see my friends maybe once every couple weeks and it seems like they're all trying to get into a long-term relationship with the intention of...+21 by BryceLarkin in OFF
- Have always wondered this. Investment banks have been around long before excel - even back to the 80s and 90s - so how would investment banks and private equity firms create IPO pricing, valuations, LBOs, etc?+20 by Howard Hughes in IB
- Cloud computing original Salesforce.com has been on a tear since inception:
However Investors have been divided on the stock.
[Joel Greenblatt has shorted CRM](https://www.barrons.com/articles/joel-greenblatts-investing-secrets-revealed-1476508887) using traditional value metrics,...+19 by CuriousCharacter in AM
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul16Webinar: PE Case - Paper LBO Best Practices -- 9pm ET, 7/16/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Boston, MA
- Jul17Podcast: How Billionaires set goals -- Geoff Woods -- 7/17/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jul18Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Toronto, 7/18-7/208:00 to 5:00 EDT Online