I am currently interning at a bank the summer before my final year of undergrad, and have many peers working internships for the big 4. I have heard stories of them getting paid 30/hr for doing absolutley no work, getting to "work" from home whenever they want, and some even got this entire week off for July 4th. Do these companies just baby their kids? Is there any value of these students in spending their summers doing this. Looing for confirmation that I am spending my time more wisely then them lol. Thanks yall
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you can, read the whole story. Anyone out there that's gone through tough shit, heads up and never give up!
My living situation as a child
I was born in a third world country (middle east), very (and I cannot stress this enough) shitty living conditions. Dirt roads, little food,...+242 by BigTuna5 in IB
- Did anyone see this story that just came out? Stud first-year out of NYU charged with insider trading. The idiot bought calls on EFI right before their acquisition by Siris Capital. What a fucking moron, only made $100K as well.+103 by SeekingTheta in IB
- Sans Trump and his legionaries, feels like most are ready for a slight contraction right before things consolidate. Markets are up despite the inverted yield curve, but things are almost certainly likely to get worse before they get better, right?
Trump goon Moore could barely even deny...+89 by iBankedUp in OFF
- I saw this on twitter and I thought damn that's a good question.
Someone else said "That time has far more value than money."
I answered "still waters run deep"
Someone's calm or quiet nature does not reflect their level of depth, likability, or...+40 by isa2130953 in OFF
- **UPDATE: APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN NOW!!!!...and closing soon (phone invites starting to go out this week)**
Fellow WSO Primates, I've been thinking of how we've been putting out a ton more AMAs + podcasts, etc lately and I want to double down on that since it seems like it's...+34 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
- Let's comment some of our favorite cringeworthy LinkedIn posts. Here are some of mine:
1. "Humbled and honored to announce that I have accepted an offer at company x..."
2. "Had a transformative experience attending company x's two-day leadership program..."...+31 by ThinkorSwim2015 in IB
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+26 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- Hello fellow monkeys,
This probably sounds like a joke, but I'm 2 months into the job and I'm burning a hole in my wallet going out to buy lunch everyday. I want to try and bring lunch from home a few days a week. What do you guys do for lunch if you bring it from home?+25 by markiv199 in IB
- What I heard was Nate Paul's company World Class Capital in Austin is getting raided currently. Anyone know anything?+23 by lux21 in RE
- Hey everyone. I recently graduated from school (non-target) and have received two offers. The first is at a top BB RE Lending group (where I would be doing both CMBS and BS lending). The second is at a mid/small REPE firm that directly invests in RE companies ~$10bn AUM. As my end goal is to...+14 by jackd15 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/21-8/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 8/21, 7pm, The Bungalow (Santa Monica)7:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed August 21st, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto
- Aug27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Boston, 8/27-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug28Private Equity Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/28-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City