Is a fortune 500 internship good freshman year?

I'm looking to get into IB/Consulting and I was wondering if a F500 Pharma internship(IQVIA,  Merck, Novartis) is good for getting into the industry. I have secured a couple of them after interviewing a lot. I go to a private southern school in Georgia(Emory, Spelman, Morehouse) and I was wondering if securing this internship would give me a better chance at IB/Consulting/asset management given that it is nearly impossible from here(I've heard you can only get into these roles from ivies). I recently discovered an interest in finance so I'm still a rookie and hence my notions may be misguided. I'm very scared of my chances and so want to get ahead of the game. I know something is better than nothing but given my disadvantage would this be a good start? Should I continue looking for internships like PE or is this alright? The only reason I'm hesitant is a lot of my fellow interns are from very low tier schools(lower than mine) but they're all juniors or seniors. I know I shouldn't judge the internship based on that but it may indicate the desirability of it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

You are a in a great spot.  think about it this way you are 2-3 years ahead of your fellow interns. I would shoot for a PE Winter/Spring/Fall internship and then recruit for a full internship sophomore year. You also have to realize that you are behind on the full recruiting cycle so "great" opportunities are probably taken.  

Nah bro, I was the top SA at CVP for my freshman internship, so you’re essentially fucked. Especially because you are with juniors and seniors who are at low tier schools, their dumbness will rub off on you.

I’d give up on banking altogether at this point. Your only career options are back office fast food worker and unpaid coffee intern.

Never even thought to get an internship freshman year and prob didn’t know what one even was at the time.  Takes a certain amount of privilege to even know to look for these things and you’re on here asking if a f500 internship is good?  Weird flex but ok

Ipsum qui eius ab vel et. Blanditiis quos architecto officiis officiis. Eos et non tenetur explicabo nulla dicta. Veritatis ipsa deserunt sed dolores. Qui quidem ab et excepturi voluptatem.

Voluptate rem sapiente alias suscipit aliquam odio. Reiciendis eveniet velit aut qui nihil aliquam. Quos quia sit dolorem dicta esse impedit repellat mollitia.

Dolor atque nobis temporibus voluptatem assumenda assumenda iure ad. Laborum explicabo eligendi est quaerat quia quia. Totam molestiae atque beatae similique molestias suscipit repellat et.

Total Avg Compensation

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (199) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101

Leaderboard

redever's picture