I know I'm probably being paranoid, anxious and all that good stuff, but I was informed by HR early last week that they were planning to move forward with me (asked me all about salary and that good stuff). Two days later I received a call from my soon-to-be boss officially offering me the position and the following day I received another phone call from the head of the department congratulating me and going over finer details. It was during that call that I was told that my offer was submitted and just needed to get the appropriate approvals before it would be sent to me (preceded by a phone call informing me it was coming). I was explicitly told that barring any unforeseen circumstances that I should expect the offer no-later than Tuesday (Wednesday if people were on vacation or just out of the office).
Having said that, I know today is only Tuesday and technically they have until tomorrow before I start really panicking. Having only worked in boutiques, I'm unfamiliar with the process of everything. This is a job that I really, really want, however, I don't want to annoy the HR department, my soon-to-be-boss or the head of the department if I just have to be patient and wait.
If I don't receive anything by tomorrow should I be sending an e-mail, calling or do nothing? If I should contact someone, who would be the most appropriate person to contact?